Tokai strat

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hislate

Reaction score
I just buy a tokai springy sound ST 100. It has a sticker thats been remowed,but you can easly see the number from the sticker. It says 100

I think thats a 1982 because it has chrom not gold hardw. the seriel number is 0149. I have listed the guitar in the tokai registry as an st80.
Is that possible that is a ST100?

I like my '84 TST '56 very much. As a matter of fact, this guitar , soundwise, has never been BETTER'ed in many years of trying. NO Fender, old, new, reissue, Custom Shop etc, has sounded as good.

I finally just said to myself that I need to get MORE Tokai strats of the same/similar model. When I found and played other Tokai Strats, like other '56's and a '62, I realized that The Tokai's of that era are ther best sounding strats around.

Hi

How can i uppload picture to this site? I have taken som picture from the guitar.

settebello said:
You can use a site like http://photobucket.com/.
Copie the url and fill it in here.

Volker

Hi Thanks. Here is url: http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j471/hislate/?action=view&current=009.jpg

hislate said:
I just buy a tokai springy sound ST 100. It has a sticker thats been remowed,but you can easly see the number from the sticker. It says 100

I think thats a 1982 because it has chrom not gold hardw. the seriel number is 0149. I have listed the guitar in the tokai registry as an st80.
Is that possible that is a ST100?

Guitar have these pups: DiMarzio VS-1 DP-108 found in Springy Sound from 1982 ST100.(paste from another place on this forum) And they have a black color bottom.

Congratulations,
Your Strat is beautiful! :D I dig that golden sunburst and the flamed maple.

I have the same pickup in my '84 goldstar TST-80. They sound really good and are very rare. You don't see alot of these VS-1 Tokai Strat.
I guess that your guitar is a keeper! :wink:

doudoubass said:
Congratulations,

I have the same pickup in my '84 goldstar TST-80. They sound really good and are very rare. You don't see alot of these VS-1 Tokai Strat.

Hi!

I love this guitar so its a kepper!!!

doudoubass said:
Congratulations,

+ 1 Gabe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ZJ00vV2eo Here are the Di Marzio black back VS 1s in action. They have a bit more grunt and mid range than the Es which incidentally I like too but for different reasons.Gabe.

If you take the guitar apart you may see the model number stamped on the neck and maybe also the body.

Hi Hislate, well done on the guitar. Coud I offer advice on stringing that will improve your guitar staying in tune. those Kluson type tuners will take the end of the string paralell to the tuning peg then bend it at 90 degress and wind. You need to wind anti-clockwise. You will also have to cut the strings - I use 2 pegs beyond the peg you are stringing as a length guide and snip off then string. This should give you total tuning hold after trem action.

Good luck

iainblack said:
Hi Hislate, well done on the guitar. Coud I offer advice on stringing that will improve your guitar staying in tune. those Kluson type tuners will take the end of the string paralell to the tuning peg then bend it at 90 degress and wind. You need to wind anti-clockwise. You will also have to cut the strings - I use 2 pegs beyond the peg you are stringing as a length guide and snip off then string. This should give you total tuning hold after trem action.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip :D

Back