The Goldstar ST 80 has landed!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300458546958&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT Recently bought this untampered with rare beauty.Nitro finish, lightweight 2 piece alder body, slab rosewood board,original Di Marzio VSI`s , celluloid pickguard ,steel trem block.I`m euphoric! :D Gabe.

Udonitron said:
Wow...killer deal too!!! Enjoy it man!

Yeah! That is a great deal for an 80. :eek:

Certainly my almost absolute favourite look for a Strat as well - Rosewood board and 3TS (just needs a mint green guard). Very nice looking Strat.

Is it definitely an 80, do you have it in hand yet?

Hi Gabe and congrats,man ! That's an awesome goldy and a real bargain :wink:

JVsearch said:
Udonitron said:
Wow...killer deal too!!! Enjoy it man!

Yeah! That is a great deal for an 80. :eek:

Certainly my almost absolute favourite look for a Strat as well - Rosewood board and 3TS (just needs a mint green guard). Very nice looking Strat.

Is it definitely an 80, do you have it in hand yet?
Yes it`s definately an 80 .I`ve been playing the crap out of it since it arrived.It`s a very special strat.Interestingly the pickguard being celluloid rather than plastic has aged to a rather nice off white colour which doesn`t really come across in the photo. Gabe.

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/tokai/1984/en_05.html Here`s the translated Japanese 84 catalogue which gives all the Goldstar specs including the ST 80.Gabe.

mojo hobo said:
JESUS! How did i miss that one ?310 ...he practically give it away...No reserve on the auction..**** fine find gabe.

I missed it too. Well I saw it, I just hadn't realised that it was an ST80. :oops:

Good job I'm not keen on SB Strats, or I'd be kicking myself. Glad it's gone to a good home.

mojo hobo said:
JESUS! How did i miss that one ?310 ...he practically give it away...No reserve on the auction..**** fine find gabe.

MOJO HOBO

Great time to buy... lousy market to sell in. I'm getting close to launching a batch of mine.... no reserve.

mojo hobo said:

MOJO HOBO
Yeah , I was praying that this one had slipped under the radar and I was prepared to go a lot higher for what I strongly suspected was an St80 .Luckily the seller gave me plenty of clues.The clincher was that he thought that the pickups had been changed.I was gambling on the possibility that these so called "changed" pickups were in fact the factory fitted Di Marzio VS 1`s mentioned in the St80 specs in the 1984 catalogue. The gamble paid off but I wasn`t sure till I did the nitro test and had a good look under the hood ,checked neck and body codes etc,just what I had. bought . Gabe. :)

congratulations Gabe!
that's really a steal for a 80 in that condition!
i paid mine almost the same price, but it needs a new fret job and body paint.
but i think that's really the same guitar as mine: slab fretboard, 2 pieces lightweight alder body, black bottom dimarzio VS1 pickup, "D" shape neck. an amazing guitar!
enjoy :D

Salut DouDou et merci.Elle est super n`est pas?Est les micros Di Marzio VS1`s sont tres bon aussi. Gabe.

i forgot to say that mine has the final prospect bridge and deluxe stamped tuners. the sunburst on yours seems to be yellower than on mine.
how is the neck shape of your goldie?

bluejeannot said:
Dave_Mc said:
sweet! That's an excellent price, too. :D
Haven`t you got an st 80 too ,Dave? Gabe.

yeah, i think so. :lol: 2-piece body, (i think) nitro finish, v-neck, steel block on the trem... but i think the pickups were meant to be wrong for the st80? Still, i mean if it's right down to the pickups,...

Latest posts

Back