LS-60 Reborn w/ FEB?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across an early LS-60 that has fret-edge binding? If so, was it also nitro?

3pupLPC said:
Has anyone ever come across an early LS-60 that has fret-edge binding? If so, was it also nitro?

I've got a 79 LS60 Reborn..... can't zoom in enough on the photo to see the frets but I think it does have FEB. Not tested it for nitro either...... sorry. Not much help am I. I'll have to pull it out of storage to have a peek.

140.jpg

142.jpg

Marcus, you're keeping that baby in storage?!? I have an idea, you can store as long as you want at my house :wink: Nice rug BTW, gives a nice backdrop (and a cool Allman's vibe!)

3pupLPC said:
Marcus, you're keeping that baby in storage?!? I have an idea, you can store as long as you want at my house :wink: Nice rug BTW, gives a nice backdrop (and a cool Allman's vibe!)

LOL... I have to keep them off site because if my wife ever finds out about all of my amps and guitars, I'll be sleeping with them.

Thanks on the rug.... kind of a running joke here....

I'll have a peek at it this weekend (after I hit the Dallas Guitar Show :wink: )

marcusnieman said:
3pupLPC said:

LOL... I have to keep them off site because if my wife ever finds out about all of my amps and guitars, I'll be sleeping with them.
likewise..... that's why I have my "toys" shipped to my office;)

marcusnieman said:

And yet your new Bacchus Strat ISN'T Sunburst. Has she noticed yet? :wink:

Back to the topic - I thought that nitro was only ever applied to models numbered 80 or above?

Mike

@ 3pup: I too have my toys sent to the office. The girls just roll their eyes when another box comes in.

@ Mike: I had my white Springy (which she loves) before the Bacchus. Thankfully she hasn't noticed the difference between the maple and rosewood boards

@John: Yeah I think both of you guys are right on the poly. Not sure about the FEB but I'll have a look.

Ha! Yep, I get the same reaction from our receptionist... "Another one?!?"

So here's the deal- I have found a Reborn stamped "60" on the board, but it has FEB. ??

3pupLPC said:

So here's the deal- I have found a Reborn stamped "60" on the board, but it has FEB. ??

Well, we all know that there are some anomalies to these guitars and some non typical ones slip thru. Might not be able to get to mine til tomorrow....

marcusnieman said:
3pupLPC said:

Well, we all know that there are some anomalies to these guitars and some non typical ones slip thru. Might not be able to get to mine til tomorrow....

Yep, I've seen a LS-50 with a 2 piece top and a 1 piece back.

3pupLPC said:

The binding could also have been replaced. It's a possibility at least.

Check the headstock angle - that's also a good clue for the model number.

It's a listing so I can't check (and its a japanese listing). I am sure it's a 60, I was just wondering that since FEB slipped through, then maybe so did nitro and 1 pc body.

togps said:
Nice, even it feature a basswood body 8)

MOIN Gottfried!
Yep! A very resonant limetree-body! Weight of the guitar: 3.68 kg! This TOKAI is a superb sounding instrument and definitely a keeper for a lifetime!

Best regards,
Ralf

Latest posts

Back