Love Rock Mods

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueThird

Reaction score
Still haven't worked out exactly what this one is, other than it's an LS-50/60/80 from 1983, but the mods are finished (or at least the ones that are going to make a significant difference to the sound) and this is what it came out like.

Haven't touched the pickups, though I'm contemplating some Brierley hand wounds. Replaced the electronics with the RS Guitarworks vintage kit, and swapped the bridge and tailpiece for Faber components. The electronics upgrade is responsible for some of the brightness and zing you'll hear in the first clip; the Faber kit for a fair bit of the sustain you'll hear later on.

Fancied a twin humbucker guitar since I was fed up with the noise from my Springy Sound when I cranked it up, even with added shielding, but I'd have to say that the Love Rock has surprised me with its versatility. I'm something of a convert.

Price of a new Gibson in Australia, approx A$4000. Total spent on this, a shade over A$1000 though that includes three lots of delivery charges. (Perhaps I'll come back and delete that in case it forces prices up some more.)

Anyway, without further ado, here she is. (Best to right click and download.)

Faded it out at the end to save you all getting bored. In reality it's nearly twice as long before the noise gate cuts in.

Hmm. Interesting sound for a Love Rock. Doesn't sound much like my one, but then you can never tell from an audio clip really. If it plays good and sounds good to you then it is good, simple as that.

Your bit of Black Dog" raised a smile. That's always the first thing I play when I pick up my Love Rock! 8)

Check this out though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_bYdATbKYE

"He-ey Marmoset the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove":

Pygmy_Marmoset.jpg

:lol:

The YouTube guitarist JUN626 is an absolute God:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jun626#p/u/24/Mc6ht4zrcL4

PS: He's using an Edwards LP Standard copy and a Marshall MG30DFX.

I see your marmoset and raise you two kittens, though I'm sure you'll have seen it before. Haven't been able to listen to Plant's lyrics ever since.

Stunning cover of Black Dog. That lot really should be on tour.

Back