thinking of picking this up

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquarius11

Reaction score
Hey folks....I already have a few lefty Tokais (AST 56 & 62) and love them but saw this Goldstar on ebay. Obviously it didn't hit the number he wanted. Any ideas what one should offer for it? thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330334709612&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

just heard back and he wants $950 plus shippping. Seems steep to me, but then, I don't know the Goldstar market very well. I know the AST leftys can usually be had for 350 or so....but not sure about $950 for the lefty Goldstar.

It's a good looking guitar. As a lefty it must be hard to be at the mercy of the seller. 950 is pretty high but it will take time to find another.

here's my Tokai ST-50, serial # L115**; a 2 piece center seam example, like all of my Bacchus BST Vintage Series Strats :D

finish is soooooooo thin it's all shrunk down into the wood; of course it's poly but looks like nitro without the checking 8)

It's a great Strat & I would have a very difficult time ever consider selling it

If the lefty is as good as this one, then it could be worth the cost

good luck .......................

ST501-2.jpg

ST502-2.jpg

ST503-3.jpg

ST505-2.jpg

ST5011.jpg

Hey....I absolutely adore my AST 56's and 62s....and would love to add a lefty Goldstar to the family.

But $950 plus shipping......oooooooof!!

Back