New to forum - Just bought this '78 LS60!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm so glad to have found this place. I have learned so much about Tokai guitars in the last few days, so thanks to everyone. It has "Les Paul Reborn" on the headstock, I believe it's all original (minus upgraded aluminum tailpiece), and includes the original Tokai hardshell case. Serial number is 8001XXX.

It's in transit from Japan as we speak, so these are the seller's pics from the auction itself. I would love to hear if you guys think I paid a fair price? It seems really clean, and I specifically wanted a '78 with LP on the headstock. The grain itself is really nice and has some subtle flaming up the left side.

Thanks for any feedback - I look forward to hanging out on the forum. Happy New Year to you all!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

:D Nice!! You'll love it. Better than a Gibson and way, way cheaper.

I wasn't a fan of Clownbursts, but they mellow a bit with age. Yours looks cool!

No idea of prices I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to enlighten us.

Happy New Year too!

Graham.

Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it.

I'm goin' nuts waiting for this thing to show up! :D

So I've had the guitar now for a couple months and love it. My luthier had never seen one of these in person and he was floored with the quality and tone - and he owns a couple GIbson Historics. Anyway, one thing I wanted to get your opinion on was the hadshell case. I've seen a few that look similar but lack the LPR plaque on the exterior, they only have a smaller Tokai logo plaque. Are these LPR cases unusual, or have I just not run across another one yet? Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ryan

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

I believe the cases had that logo from 78-79 and then in 1980 they switched to just saying Tokai. I have a black case from 1980 and it has only the Tokai name on it.

How did you purchase from Yahoo Japan?

Pegcityrocker said:
I believe the cases had that logo from 78-79 and then in 1980 they switched to just saying Tokai. I have a black case from 1980 and it has only the Tokai name on it.

How did you purchase from Yahoo Japan?

Rinkya.com - I've bought a couple guitars that way. Not too expensive and they ship pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back