Tear for Fear using Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iainblack

Reaction score
Just spotted on a new year (happy noo year folks) video show - everybody wants to rule the world. The Tears for Fears guitarist is playing a surf green tokai strat with matching headstock. The logo is in camera so worth checking out on youtube. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA4ixV-3jU its at 4:13 but not as clear as it was on tv last night - he's using a fender strap

It was a nice surprise as I have one of these - got it for 50 quid off the friday ad - bargin.

Those matching headstock Goldies are quite rare - I've seen them sell for ?400. You got one for ?50? :eek:

Lucky b******!

:lol:

Mike

Well I actually got it for 50 quid! A bit battered and missing the trem arm and 2 tone knobs but plays so well. here are the photos:

DSCF0342.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSCF0349.jpg

Send me your address please. I think I might take up burglary as a new year's resolution!

A rare custom colour like that could fetch more than ?400. That's not Surf Green though - SO (the colour code) is Sonic Blue. Though it doesn't actually look like Sonic Blue.... :eek:

Gorgeous, whatever it is.

Very, very nice indeed!! The matching headstock does add a bit to the value, and looks great too!!

thanks for the comments guys. I just wish I had bought the candy apple red one with matching headstock back in '84!

Latest posts

Back