ST-100 just sold for $$$$

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was so special about this guitar? Was the seller claiming it was used in the tokai promotion stuff? Does the sub 200 sn make a big difference?

Nice grain I must say. Do you know if a dealer bought it?

$3,216.27 USD? Holy mackeral. That one is probably going in the perminant/never to be sold collection.

Cheers, Rich.

I hope it's worth all the extra over the cost of an ST80, just for a one piece body!

Mike

stratman323 said:
I hope it's worth all the extra over the cost of an ST80, just for a one piece body!

Mike

its a bit more than that ..

its an ST-100, its rarity value is huge, and I don't have such a lovely example,
to to me its worth every penny, I don't even think about a comparison with ST-80's as I have enough of those at the moment, I am sure in a pure tone test the price differential is not warrented, but I am not judging in that way..

As crazy as it sounds, if I had the money which I don't, and knew how to bid in japanese, I would have gone higher. It's just a feeling you get about a guitar like that one. For that one, I absolutely would have gone to four or five G's. No joking. And that is the collector and player in me talking. Opportunities like that only seem to come around once every couple of years. Way to go Mark. You really scored.

Cheers, Rich.

Back