ES135 neck shape

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBennett

Reaction score
I can't find any info anywhere on the neck shape of them, can anyone tell me if they are a U, D, C(soft?), V etc

Cheers,
James.

I just received a 2007 ES-130. The neck is just a tad larger in girth than the Gibson 335 I used to own. I call this Tokai's as slightly larger than a Gibson '60's profile.

I hope this helps some. Joe :)

Hi James!

I'd like to confirm Joe's point.

Please also be aware that nut is 42.5mm instead of 42, which I find better to play.

Cheers! Rup

rgrafend said:
Hi James!

I'd like to confirm Joe's point.

Please also be aware that nut is 42.5mm instead of 42, which I find better to play.

Cheers! Rup

I thought the nut was 41mm on the 335 types? My nut is smaller than a Gibbys, but the neck is larger (more 50ish than 60s slim).

I have an ES120 and the width at nut it 41mm... and it has a very slim profile, the slimmest of any guitar I've owned. Never played a Gibson (hard to find, I'm a lefty!), but I suspect it's what people call a '60s-style' slim profile. Nothing like as deep as the neck on my LP, and definitely less wide at the nut. I find it very comfortable.

I concur with le chay noir: not measured the width but much slimmer than my love rocj. posted this comment recently for someone considering a tokai custom model

Just wondering how the transition from my Mexican strat will be, sounds like it will be ok :)

JJBennett said:
Just wondering how the transition from my Mexican strat will be, sounds like it will be ok :)
I have a MIM Classic Player 50's. The Tokai neck is substantially larger.

Latest posts

Back