Difference Between Tokai ES135 & ES 155 ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holdgaj

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a Tokai 335 copy - but am unsure what the diff between these two models is ... can anyone set me straight ?

Hi!

To my knowledge the delta between ES130 and ES135 is block-inlays instead of dots.

The ES150/155 will have jacaranda fret-board and probably fret-edge binding. I don't know for sure as I never owned one.

Please feel free to check the registry.

Cheers. Rup

Btw: the Yen is still mainly pegged to USD. So it's a good time to buy from Japan. Also the EMS shipping charges have not been increased (yet).

I am sure this will change in a few weeks.

Rup

rgrafend said:
Hi!

To my knowledge the delta between ES130 and ES135 is block-inlays instead of dots.

The ES150/155 will have jacaranda fret-board and probably fret-edge binding. I don't know for sure as I never owned one.

Please feel free to check the registry.

Cheers. Rup

NO Jacaranda nor fret-edge binding.

From the folks at Richtone Music -

Main Visual Difference is that it has Block Inlays and a shorter 60s style pick guard.

The ES155 (Now called ES175) is on the right.
This is designed more around a dot reissue with dots and full 50s style pick guard.

The woods are of higher grade on the ES155(ES175) it also comes fitted with brass saddles and aluminium tail piece which boost sustain/resonance. You also get the top of the range switches and pots.
The flaming on the ES155 (ES175) will be of higher calibre as well.

settebello said:
You will find all informations here.
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/
ES-135 Vintage Series
ES -155 Premium Series
But the prices have raised 155=175,135=150

Volker

Yep guys - it's all here - check out the link posted above. It has all the models on there with a break down in spec.

It's the link i often refer to when people ask for info.

All the best

Rich

What a ridiculous way to name guitars! An ES175 is a famous Gibson semi, totally different to the Tokai model. This can only cause confusion. :x

Surely it's not beyond the wit of the managers of Tokai to come up with a sensible way of naming their guitars, like the did with the Springy, Goldie etc.?

Mike

What is a 300R radius? Is that 300mm or 12"?

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/es/es125/es125.html

thanks

Latest posts

Back