tokai prices going up

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the increase in crude has prompted many companies to raise their prices on all kinds of goods in Japan recently.

Fine, but 20%? :eek: They aint gonna sell much stuff in the world market after a 20% price hike. :-?

...and...the gov`t here has plans to double the sales tax over the next few years. Nevermind the last time it went from 3% to 5% everybody stopped spending and the economy took a nose dive from which it is now just recovering. Won`t affect youse buying on line but it`s gonne hurt sales in Japan. Everybody`s " citizen tax " skyrocketed this year, even for those of us who aren`t even frickin citizens! But...the number of money scandals involving politicians is increasing...guess they needed my citizen tax to maintain the level of waste they`ve grown accustomed to.
Still, good thing the gov`t knows best eh.

sneakyjapan said:
won`t bother me...haven`t bought a new guitar in years...used only.

Same here.

With regard to sales tax, we pay VAT @ 17.5% on most stuff except food, and that's a sales tax. I know nothing about Japanese politics, but it's funny to hear claims of inefficiency. I guess I kind of imagine the Japanese to be an efficient lot....

I just checked their website. Sweet mother that's a price hike! Almost 500,000 yen list price for the top model now. Seriously, most people will be buying Gibsons at that price. We all know the quality of the Tokais but very simply, Gibsons are better-known, more recognized, and most likely more sellable if player decide to part with them.

J.

stratman323 said:
sneakyjapan said:
won`t bother me...haven`t bought a new guitar in years...used only.

Same here.

With regard to sales tax, we pay VAT @ 17.5% on most stuff except food, and that's a sales tax. I know nothing about Japanese politics, but it's funny to hear claims of inefficiency. I guess I kind of imagine the Japanese to be an efficient lot....

used to think so too. To go along with the recent architecture scandle where architects cut corners by reducing the number of steel rods in concrete used in buildings to below the gov`t standards, there was another last week involving a steel company that fudged test results on their product to make it appear stronger than it actually is, so now there are over 9000 structures that have to be tested to ensure they are safe, costing only God knows how much...and the main culprit in the architecture scandle filed for bankrupcy so families who bought condos from them and had to move out are now still paying for the condos as well as rent on the places they were forced to move to... so far the gov`t has done nothing for them...in a quake prone country like this thats unforgivable and in my opinion the book should be thrown at all companies involved and we`ll see what happens.
No shortage of dirtbags here either.

It will be to do with the exchange rate against the the pound which is still strong at 233-235 yen

I thought this was about price increases in Japan? The exchange rate is a different matter.

The price increase is for the Japanese domestic market only.

The Australian market models are the same (correct headstock shape) and are not affected by this.

Love Rock model production has not kept up with demand, especially here in Australia. Our shipments are mostly pre-sold and we appreciate the patience of our customers.

People that know the quality, and, the consistency of that quality, realise that there is still excellent value for money to be had.

stratmoto said:
People that know the quality, and, the consistency of that quality, realise that there is still excellent value for money to be had.

Well you're preaching to the converted on a forum like this, but there are very few businesses that can get away with a 20% price hike without negative consequences.

Mike

However, LS-380 is expensive.

Last month
LS-380 = 399000yen (About US$3560)

This month
LS-470 = 493500yen (About US$4406)

It is the same guitar. :wink:

PS,It will raise the price of ESP next year.

the local Rock Inn can`t even get Tokais these days. They have none in the shop at this time and they told me months ago they had some on order. If the prices are going up here it`s only a matter of time before they bump them on their exports as well, best buy em soon then.
Good thing I only buy used now.

Latest posts

Back