One off tokai LS-320 Goldtop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villager

Reaction score
heres one on the way..one off sample built for Guitar universe by Tokai in 2000..the production run was 10 guitars, from U0002-U0010, this is the first one, which was kept by the shop.

this was built as a special run of 10 LS-320's in this brass powder Goldtop (as on the original GT's) finish, other specs are as the LS-320 except for the Gibson 57 classics instead of the seths..

2000 UNIVERSE Limited products #U0001
2pc Hard Maple top/1pc Honduras Mahogany bock body,
1pc Honduras Mahonagy neck/Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard,
Gibson '57classic Pickups,
'80s TOKAI "dead stock" Bridge-brass saddles,
'80s TOKAI "dead stock" magnesium Tailpiece,
All Lacquer Finish (brass powder)
Hard Shell Case

lsgt_08.jpg

lsgt_04.jpg

lsgt_03.jpg

lsgt_01.jpg

Hi Mark, I've had my eye's on that one for a while now,trying to justify buying another one. Its an absolute beauty right down to the brass powder nitro, looks like it will be a free for all now :wink: . So many beautiful guitars .....so little money :p .....Mick

If it only had P90's it would be perfect !. Nice spec though. I have been looking at the P90 equipped 145, anyone know they compare ?

Really nice - bet it will play just as good as it looks.......

Is the brass powder thing special or normal for gold tops. Would my 81 LS80 GT be different? From the colour it loks very similar.

Dave

Thanks - I don't know either.

Over on the Les Paul Forum one of the FAQs states
"The 'Gold' finish is actually bronze powder mixed in with clear lacquer, then sprayed onto the guitar. When you see a goldtop with 'green' areas, this actually is the bronze powder in the lacquer oxidizing."

This would explain the greenish sort of hue to the older ones.

Dave

I handle this guitar when I met Yoshi back in 2002. I thought it was a 5 pieces limited run,one of them belonging to Rod Stewart guitarist if I understood correct.Noticed an inked serial number which is very odd in actual Tokais. I was about to buy it but this was Yoshi?s personal guitar so.....It?s a really good guitar and a pre 20005 one which I prefer just because fret edge binding.

It?s really a very good guitar.i wonder how much the asked price would be....Just the dark jacaranda fretboard is well woth enough, I can?t see this beautifull grain in recent Tokais.I love it!

Back