Tokai ES cases

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevcaster

Reaction score
Hi I'm hoping for some help. I recently bought an ES 130 from a chap in Wales. It arrived in a smart black case and I am unsure if it is a Tokai case. It can be viewed on this ebay link for a couple of weeks. I am quite happy with the case but do not want to ruin it by gigging it, try as I may I seem to be hard on gear and I know that this case will get a lot of hard use. if it is then I will buy a cheap alternative and put this one away, if it is already a good copy then I will use this. Any help gratefully received. Guitar is 2000 ish

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330178483288&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=014

I can't be 100% sure but I think it is an original Tokai case.

Those cases won't survive rough use though, fine if you're careful but if you are quite hard on your gear I would get a Hiscox 335 case, or something like THIS which is not quite as tough as the Hiscox one, but will protect the guitar and take more bashing!!

Thanks for the help. I'll use the one I have for now. for info I called Tokai UK, they supply two types the Black one that I have for ?49 and a Brown deluxe for ?79

Kevin

The ES cases my ES130s came in have a "brass" Tokai plate on the outside, beside the handle.

AlanN said:
Almost exactly the same as my ES120 case as far as I can tell. Bit rubbish, aren't they!

Yep! This one is more flimsy than an Epiphone Dot case that I had here for a week or so - I bought the Dot off ebay for a friends 60th birthday. I had the chance to compare these guitars for a few days. Somewhat unfair as the Epi is a Korean that sells for ?400 ish and the Tokai ?8-900 on the street. The build quality and hardware (Grovers) were OK on the Epi, pickups were dissapointing - honky and thin with a 'cardboard' overdriven sound. Quite nice jazzy clean tone. As yiu all will know, the ES-130 is in a different league all round.

Kev

there's never been a case without a case. :D
9cd63154.jpg

Back