Grover tuners and 135s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBennett

Reaction score
Hi there, is it possible to put grover styled tuners onto a 135 to replace the kluson styled tuners, im just wondering if i but the tuners will they have issues fitting the holes etc.

Cheers,
James.

Hi James!
You?ll have to widen the holes, but you can use one of the screw holes of the klusons to mount the grovers. Why do you want to change?
cheers, "ACY"

It DOES change the appearance of the guitar.
I changed my klusons due to the gears slipping.

20071021lp0004np5.jpg
[/list]

Main reason is Clapton did it to his 335 :p

Nope, really its just looks, if a 335 has block inlays i just don't think that the kluson styled ones look right, theres no colour on the guitar like the pegs.

I prefer the way that the silver from grovers matches the strings, hardware and the inlays shine.

I'd take it to a shop to do the work, i was just making sure that it is possible, cheers guys :)

One other quick question, is it possible to replace the tone pot covers, to black ones rather than the amber ones on a 135?

You can get TonePros/kluson tuners that look original but have better tune ratio and are very high quality. They cost $135.00 and i have put them on all of my Tokais including my ES 155.

Mark

I don't want klusons though :-?

Guitar should be coming in this month so i shall post some pictures and detail the alterations i'll make to it.

Thanks guys.

Back