Tokai LS75Q Stop Bar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny-English

Reaction score
Hi !
Can any one give me some advise....Just had this LS75 Q and it came
with the stop bar screwed down tight and the strings fed through and over the top. It was like this when I got it and the previous owner said it improved the tone. Do I leave it like this or is it best to put it back the proper way!!!!!

cheers
John

It really makes no difference to the tone of the guitar. Top-wrapping will cause the plating from the tailpiece to wear though, I suggest reverting to nomal unless you like the look of it.

How do I set up the tailpiece after I put it back to the way it should be !!!!!!
is there a set hight .....sorry about this as I have only had G&L strat type guitars before so any advise would be very helpful.

cheers
John

Hi Johnny, i have read and i believe if the stoptail is hard against the body it improves sustain, there are kits like the "Fabre kit", forum member Togps sells that are an improvement on the standard tailpiece. I have played top wrapped LP's for years and it makes bending the strings for lead work easier and also makes it harder to break strings because of a decreased angle of the strings from the stoptail to the bridge. Try it for a while you may like it , I have one guitar in particular that has been like this for 5 years and the tailpiece is still good although i am expecting the chrome to suffer at some stage,then i'll swap the tailpiece for a aluminium one.........cheers Mick

I like to screw the tail piece down all the way and run string the traditional way (not top wrapped). This gives the feel I prefer.

I always have the tail-piece as low as it can go, FWIW I think it improves string tension & the break angle. Great if you're using either a drop tuning or downtuning.

Wrapping the strings over the tail-piece is purely a fashion thing (IMO), everyone's doing because Zakk Wylde does it... :-?

Well, I guess you change your mind if you play this one...

IMG_0242-1.jpg

Back