Love Rock PU Surrounds

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nine Acres

Reaction score
I've just noticed a crack in the neck PU surround on my LS80F - not a big deal, but something I'll probably attend to sooner or later. Have any of you guys managed to find a replacement set of surrounds which actually match the colour of the scratchplate? And even if a perfect match is not available, any suggestions on the best replacements? Thanks!

Hi!
Allparts humbucker rings fit perfect in size. Color is always varying a little bit!
cheers, "ACY"

Quick question - why the flat ones when the top of the guitar is curved? Or am I missing something here :oops:

Because Tokai is using flat ones. Gibson Les Pauls also use flat ones, and they really like cracking in the middle! :D

cheers, "ACY"

You?re right ACY, it?s not so easy they crack,I?ve seen this in two Tokais ....

Hi!
So it is called:

pickup bezel!

Thanx, "ACY"

P.S.: It?s always good to be corrected!

I wasn't trying to correct you. I really just wanted to give everyone another term to Google if they needed a replacement.

Back in the early 80's I was looking for a replacement bezel for a Hi-Lo Tron PU on one of my Gretsches. (No internet back then to search.) I called all over the country asking for the 'thingy' that 'goes-round' the pickup. Finally I got hold of an old fella that told me what they were called. I never forgot it. :wink:

By the way, that NOS Gretsch part cost a whole $3 (postage included) back then. I put it on a cherry '62 Tennessean that I bought in a pawn shop for $189. (Still have it!) :lol:

That?s the hardest thing when working with Google:

Find that f...ing right word that?s needed! :D Like a key!

good on ya mates, "ACY"

Back