Upgrades for Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildebassman

Reaction score
:D Having bought a new LS-75VF straight from Japan, love the guitar,
plays wonderful.... But what bridge and stoptails would give a significant upgrade from the stock parts? Need to be parts I could just exchange without further altering the guitar, all input highly appreciated, oh and where to be had..

Cheers,

Dennis.

By popular demand... :wink:

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=46269
http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=46270
http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=46328

Cheers, Dennis.

Hi, I can highly recommend buying an alu tailpiece and faber kit from togps.
They look stock and give the guitar improved sustain and tone.

It's 2 locking posts for the tailpiece and alu spacers to set the tailpiece height. Ask togps for more information as he designed it.

wildebassman said:
:roll: What's the Faber kit?

Cheers,

Dennis.

Do a search. There are many threads on the subject, and a few have pictures and reviews too. It's definately worth going for.

Hi!
First pic is oribginal. 2nd with Faber.
PICT2694Large.jpg

The 2nd one is not available any more because www.photobucket.com apparently decided to delete some of my pictures.

I am sure you can get the details from Forum-member togps.
Rupert

Here is a few photos after I upgraded my LS70-F with a FABERKIT from topgs

I use the wraparound to make the strings easier to bend but still have a LOT of sustain

The kit is really easy to install and made a HUGE improvement to tone & sustain in my guitar.

For my Gibson Les Paul Jr, which I owned before the TOKAI , I bought a new stopbar from www.pigtail.com, costed more and not as good as what you get with the FABER kit

here's the pics

PC080373.jpg

PC080369.jpg

PC080372.jpg

PC080371-1.jpg

PC080370.jpg

Hope this helps you!

The coupling from the stoptail to the body is greatly improved, hence more tone & sustain IMHO
Hawk

The faberkit sits down the tailpiece more than usually and make the feel of the strings a bit different.I tried it replacing the original aluminium Gotoh(stock) and I did not feel a high improvement,it?s more subtle but I like it,so it stays in the guitar......

Louis?
So you didn't experience a big difference in tone with the FABER kit?

I fitted my kit to my LS70-F and it made a HUGE difference
in tone and sustain!
What model do you have & what don't you like about the kit
I'm sure togps would like to know as well, just so he knows what to improve on

:D Thanks a lot guys! I will look into the Faber kit, should I also replace the bridge saddles for brass ones? (where to buy?)

Cheers,

Dennis.

hawkeye2u said:
Louis?
So you didn't experience a big difference in tone with the FABER kit?

I fitted my kit to my LS70-F and it made a HUGE difference
in tone and sustain!
What model do you have & what don't you like about the kit
I'm sure togps would like to know as well, just so he knows what to improve on

I think the improvement probably varies from guitar to guitar, based on a number of factors. Personally I found the difference to be very significant, I could actually feel the body resonating more.

[I think the improvement probably varies from guitar to guitar, based on a number of factors. Personally I found the difference to be very significant, I could actually feel the body resonating more.

I agree, my guitar is very quiet acoustically but resonates a lot more than my other guitars

The loudest acoustically is my Lp Jr, also gives a great resonating, then The Fender Strat MIJ 57RI, The TOKAI is the quitest one but with greater resonance & sustain of all of them
Plugged in! The Tokain wins all hands down, next is the LP Jr last but not least the Strat, I still play her more than the LP Jr as it has a totally different sound to the LP's

Seen a few Goldstarts up for sale, are they worth looking into??[/quote]

:D Here's another update on my Love Rock. I've had it shipped for a Plek fretjob, it has safely arrived in Berlin and J?rg Kuhlo, the luthier, says it's a very well made and sounding guitar. The guitar will be back within a few days :D

Plek info:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM01/Content/Plek/PR/Plek.html

Cheers,

Dennis.

Including shipping to an EU country outside Germany?

If so.. I might be interested in pleking one of my guitars... link/contact please? :p

Latest posts

Back