Help to identify my Tokai Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicolas

Reaction score
Hey everybody.
I own a Tokai Love Rock modell with the serial number 90018xx. There is a 'made in japan'-sticker on the back of the guitar. The colour is sunburst. I bought this guitar in 2004 in used codition.
Can somebody tell me something about this guitar. I am especially interested in the year this guitar has been made.
Thanks, Nic

Nicolas said:
Hey everybody.
I own a Tokai Love Rock modell with the serial number 9001XXX. There is a 'made in japan'-sticker on the back of the guitar. The colour is sunburst. I bought this guitar in 2004 in used codition.
Can somebody tell me something about this guitar. I am especially interested in the year this guitar has been made.
Thanks, Nic
It is probably a 1990. The first two digits are typically the year of manufacture.

A note to the wise: it is best never to put a complete serial number on the internet. Someone can see it, then report it as stolen. Always display a SRLNBR as 90018XX or something similar.

Hi nicolas!

If you look into the registry for Tokais on this site (up left) you can easily make your own decision. If you want advise and comments you should post pictures.

Opposed to honeyboy I recommend to post serial numbers. I know that there is no better protection then public knowledge.

Cheers! Rupert

Btw: without seeing the picture: if you are lucky you hold an 1979.

Well, that's the point about public keys: one part only. Credit/ATM cards are protected by the fact that everybody can know the number. But you still cannot use them until you know the other part.

If you post a picture of your guitar and the serial then it becomes public knowledge and it's much more difficult for a fraudster to sell it (or pretend to have it).

Cheers. Rupert

First i wanna say thanks to everybody.
To settebello: What do you mean with "strange" serial number?

How can find out if it is a reborn or "just" a 1990?
I cant post a picture here because I dont have a digital camera. Maybe I can use my mobile phone to send you a picture.

Nicolas said:
How can find out if it is a reborn or "just" a 1990?/quote]
Simple.
A 1979 LS model shows a "Les Paul Reborn" logo on the headstock.
A 1990 LS model shows a "Love Rock" logo on the headstock.

Latest posts

Back