just got my tele!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vladamir

Reaction score
its a ate52, made in 85 ,sorry to say it doesnt seemto be anything special, plays ok, loose tone knob, some buzzing on d string,
sounds mediocre...pretty dissapointed..........f-it
btw.....all you experts thanks for nothing...ive been asking for help fro weeks... got nothing!

Yeah right... You started asking AFTER you had ordered the guitar, so what the hell did you expect? Also you used TWO profiles to post your useless inquiries and started to whine IMMEDIATELY because you didn't get the response you thought you deserved. If you want responses, ask something interesting, not what people think of the guitar you already ordered. I'm sure you would have gotten the help you wanted if you'd had not screwd up yourself. Not once, not twice, but three times!

And now your not happy with what you got. Look in the mirror.

P.S. Free advise: Tighten the tone knob, change the strings and check the action. Still mediocre? I think it suits you.

Ditto all of the above.
Once we see a post that begins with.." it's probably too late to ask this question coz I've already ordered the guitar"...all I see is " I am a Tool..please kick me" :p

That's as maybe - but this smacks of "let's kick the silly fool's head in!!!" We ALL ask silly questions - I don't care who we are, or how much we know. It happens to all of us sooner or later. Please don't drag this forum down to the level of a Roman arena ...

I don't think it was the silly questions that prompted those replies. It was his rather accusatory and pissy tone in an attempt to find blame for the decision he made.

If I waited for everyone to get back to me before I pulled the trigger on something, I'd still be waiting. Sometimes you need to put your big boy pants on, do you own due diligence in terms of research BEFORE making a choice and then live with it.

vladamir said:
its a ate52, made in 85 ,sorry to say it doesnt seemto be anything special, plays ok, loose tone knob, some buzzing on d string,
sounds mediocre...pretty dissapointed..........f-it
btw.....all you experts thanks for nothing...ive been asking for help fro weeks... got nothing!

Hmm. I'm thinking tighten the knob, change the strings, get a professional setup. Twenty years of wear and tear, could happen to any guitar and if you didn't have the common sense to check these things before you bought then I'm not surprised you got burned.

I'm also new to the forum and I know I myself have made some quite silly questions, but at least I have the courtesy not to start whining about no replies, make multiple profiles (and ask the same meaningless thing over and over) and then blame others for my own choices. And why do you ask people's opinion on some decision that you already made? This vladamir/bender-guy just got on my nerves so bad! In most cases I think it's absolutely preferable to give the guy a second, even third chance, but that requires some manners. I hope vladamir stays on the forum if he's still interested, but I also would like to see him changing his attitude. Little patience wouldn't hurt.

Generally I think the Tokaiforum is really friendly and relatively polite forum and I hope it stays that way.

[/quote]P.S. Free advise: Tighten the tone knob, change the strings and check the action. Still mediocre? I think it suits you.[/quote]

I think that says it all.

a couple of points...i had a problem logging in with the first screen name,
so i tried it again with a second, thats why i have 2..
2nd iwas asking for advice wayyyy before i ordered the guitar,
but received very few views and 0 replys, my questions were more than
good questions and valid, whats more i noticed the other plunkers
with very good questions getting no replys, and concluded and rightfully so, that your'll very clicky, if you dont know the person your not going to reply, its very simply not rockit science...it all there in black and white...
go look for yourself how many replys the so called plunkers get..compared to the so called rock gods...nothat we're on the subject of rock gods......i'v played with the likes of david johanson, syl sylvain
,and even micheal monroe(you must know him outsider..he finish too .jsut like you....).....who have you played with outsider?......because if i'm mediocre.....your are about 1000xx more insignificant.. i've made some important records in my life.what have you done?...
p.s. one of you guys gave me some advice on the J.V. guitars vs tokia
took time to talk to me and asked me to apologize to the group..
i do apologize to everybody except outsider and ditto for ozeshin..what ever that is......outsider...i dont consider not being impressed with a guitar...whinning.....you have some set of nuts to talk to me like...
that... a-hole

thank you,nine acres..you summarized it better that i did....
i kept asking everyday for weeks.......i'll find the info somewhere else if they throw me out... but if you ask me they should throw the outsider out for talking to me like that.....how dare he........everyones coming down on me! i didnt speak to anyone that disrespectfully! he did!i dont take that from no-one...
and once again...outsider....what have you done ROCK GOD?

STONE FREE, I DONT THINK YOUR COMPLETELY STONE FREE, I THINK YOU STILL HAVE SOME RESIDUE LEFT FROM ALL THAT CRACK...
EVERYTHING I SAID TO OUTSIDER ALSO APPLIES TO YOU!!!!

I GOT IT FROM EBAY..COULDNT CHECK THOSE THINGS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT..THOSE MUSICANS THAT BUY FROM EBAY(as opposed to
dealers) NEED A FORUM LIKE THIS FOR AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE
SO AS NOT TO GET TAKEN FROM ONE OF THE DEALERS....
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

"btw.....all you experts thanks for nothing...ive been asking for help fro weeks... got nothing"

Not only is your above quote confrontational, your previous posts (after you didn't get the info you were looking for) were also.

Read: Paladin's, Ozeshin's, Marcus' and Togps' opinions. These men are quite knowledgable about Tokai et al guitars, and it was just one of these things why you weren't responded to. I don't know why you didn't receive responses, but then you took it upon yourself to badmouth veteran members of this forum. It's not us: we are responding to your vitriolic words.

look...what i said holds true, you dont reply to most of the newcomers..
its just a fact.
GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!
and i called you on it...sorry if your so sensitive..that said
i know you all have the right to reply to whoever you want...
the reason for my despair was, time running out on a bid, and i knew
nothing about tokias..i wanted help, and didnt get it...thats it...simple
now...if you read my previous post..i did apologize for being confrontational, to everyone exept for 2 guys, i know it wasnt called for..but compared to what outsider and 2 others said about me..
come on...they ATTACKED me personally..caling ME mediocre.....
THAT MY FRIEND IS WRONG.........YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT
IF YOUR REALATIVLY BRIGHT!

bender999 said:
GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai_85-86_electric_p4.jpg

I apologise, in advance, for my facetious tone.

We are all "time poor" in these modern, hurly burly days. The information that you asked for is, largely, available here. Expecting an avalanche of replys (sic) to your questions, based on some underexposed, blurry pics is, perhaps, a little difficult.

If I had of waded in with a "yeah man, great axe, ya gotta get it, get it now, right now", then perhaps I would be in a position to accept some of the responsibility of an ill considered purchase, if that is how you consider the outcome.

There is, I would think, sufficient information available throughout this site for you to make an informed purchase. Asking the seller questions about your purchase is usually advised, particularly if you have any doubts.

It is there for all that care to take the time to make use of it.

Tele vs Breezy? Ford vs Toyota? There is no answer, just opinions.

There is a "search" function.

Seems like it is a "damned if we do, damned if we don't" position that you have placed anybody that responds.

I hope that your used Tokai, once rectified, meets your expectation.

Peter

Between parentheses are the grammatical corrections to your response. Basically a waste of my time, but it's kind of fun. Yes, I am "realativly" bright! Have a nice (and apparently anger-filled) life!

"look...what i said holds true, (colon here) you dont (don't) reply to most of the newcomers..
its (it's) just a fact.
GO LOOK FOR YOURSELF!
and i called you on it...sorry if your (you're) so sensitive..that said (comma here) i know you all have the right to reply to whoever (whomever) you want...
the reason for my despair was, (no comma necessary) (that) time running out on a bid, (no comma) and i knew
nothing about tokias (Tokais) ..i wanted help, and didnt (didn't) get it...thats (that's) it...simple
now (sentence fragment)...if you read my previous post..(comma here) i did apologize for being confrontational, (no comma necessary) to everyone exept (except) for 2 guys, (should be a period here) i know it wasnt (wasn't) called for..(should be a comma here) but compared to what outsider and 2 others said about me (sentence fragment: in other words an incomplete sentence)..
come on...they ATTACKED me personally..caling (calling) ME mediocre..... THAT MY FRIEND IS WRONG.........YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT
IF YOUR (you're) REALATIVLY (relatively) BRIGHT!"

now your attacking spelling errors, misplaced comas, and typo's
that pretty much says it all.....
why dont you just admit your bias and clicky, i'm not condeming you for it,
just stating a fact..its not really such a big deal, and i know i overreacted when i couldnt get help...but i did apologize for it.....

you know stratmoto,i know i should'nt have gotton pissed, and that there are a lot of cool guys in here, so i do apologize again,
i just want to say, this wasnt only because I wasnt gettin any replys, i also saw some other very good questions
and request even some begging from other members to look at a guitar(or whatever) being passed over,
and i felt bad for a couple of these guys..
i was at 1rst surprised
, but i guess thats the way it goes....

bender999 said:
p.s. one of you guys gave me some advice on the J.V. guitars vs tokia took time to talk to me and asked me to apologize to the group..
i do apologize to everybody except outsider and ditto for ozeshin..what ever that is......outsider...i dont consider not being impressed with a guitar...whinning.....you have some set of nuts to talk to me like...
that... a-hole

It was me who took some time and wrote you a personal letter about setting up a used guitar and how to behave on the forum. Your wellcome.

So you have played with the greats and all. Still you know nothing about guitars, how to buy one used and how to set it up. You seemed to have an idea that ash is heavy, but you wanted to know is the particular guitar you had bought heavy or not. How could anyone else than the seller know the weight of the guitar??? You say you are not familiar with Tokais. The one you bought is like a Telecaster, quite popular model. You probably have seen them before, haven't you?

This is your first post that I find in the forum (28th april):

"this might be a little too late, cause i already bought this guitar..
but i'd still like to know your opinion's.....i have NO experience with tokais
att all. does this look legit? thanks "

And this is my first reply (16 minutes later):

"Hi Vladamir!

I'm not a real expert, but it looks perfectly legit to me.

Let us know what it's like when you recieve it."

I'm done with you. If you still want to fight me, you can always call your buddy Michael Monroe and ask Andy to have a battle with me, he lives in the same building here in Helsinki. Don't know him personally though. I stand on my own shoulders.

Latest posts

Back