New LS230VF 2007 with Titan Tailpiece

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi! Just returned from togps with this beauty. He also put on one of the new titan tailpieces and a faberkit. The sound and sustain is just amazing.
It definitely beats the alu TP.

I plugged it into one of my Kitty Hawks and cranked up gain to 10. The sound never stops. It actually develops without moving my fingers and develops a life of it's own. Then play with the volume pot and you'll be in for a real surprise!

Be quick to get one of those beauties. He has only a few left and they are worth every cent.

Cheers! R

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

what

a

BEAUTY!!!

I almost bought one but it was just too much cash at the time. Found a mint LS-150 for less than half the price so I couldn't pass it up. I feel great about that desision.... or at least I did until I saw these pics... :cry:

Wonderful guitar ... Congrats !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

... but why has it got that "hhmmm" - TRC ???

Roger

Hi tudor!

The TRC is togps's way of saying that he sold it! I also have the original one, but actually prefer this one. As mentioned he also put on this absolutely amazing titan TP.

So Tokai Reborn TRC == "Tuned by togps" :wink:

Cheers. R

**** that titan tailpiece looks really stout, are you selling those togps... I believe I'll have to order one of those from you!

great looker rgrafend!

The way you but those strings in.

You like wrap them around that tail piece. Zakk Wylde does the same?

So does that really increase sustain?

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. Just for a try.

Some people say it does increase sustain.. some people say that they can?t hear any difference.

I?ve tried it.. and went back to normal wrapping, because the tailpiece was beginning to "suffer" a few tears in the upper part of the string holes in the rear of the tailpiece, because of the wrapparound.. and to tell the truth, I didn?t notice any difference in sustain (my tokai has enough sustain already).. The only thing that I enjoyed with the wraparound was the "slinkier" feel due to the less break angle in the strings from the bridge to the tailpiece, making bends easier..

Just try it for yourself for a while.. and see how it goes and if you like it ;)

well...

I tried wrapping first on an LP-S some years ago and went back to straight because I couldn't hear any difference and it ruined the strings fairly quickly. Most E-A-D strings are not bult for it (d'addario).

Then I tried it on an LP-GEM/P90 just a few months ago: really nice! It changed a lot. However, I also used an alu TP instead of the G-piece.

The first time I heard (and felt) the REAL delta was on an 81 LS150 with the faber kit with the original TP (which is alu). Then I put on a "new" alu TP: I have no idea why: but every single tone while strumming was much clearer and pronounced.

Interesting enough I tried the same on my LS320 and did NOT find any difference.

I guess it really depends on you and and the specific beast. I recommend to try it.

One more point: Perhaps I am wrong or just plain stupid: but I believe that the wrapping with the alu TP (and faber kit) sounds much better through 6L6s then EL34s. I am looking forward to Reussenzehn's EL34 with EL84s and KT66s, which I will get next Monday.

Cheers. Rupert

Rupert,

you know that the discussion if replacement parts bring a better / different sound or tone is always evident amongst two or more guitarists who come together and debate about their gear ... 8) 8)

So - I try to provide information as often as it is requested but what is important for me can be some 'peanuts' for others ... I don't worry about that as long as I'm happy with my tone !!!
BTW - I'm impressed by the results of togps's alu stuff and also the wrapping around on my LS150 is not essential ... but nice to have - string bending is easier now !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

Hi Roger!

Tone's the point, no doubt. And looking for the special one is "built-in".

BTW: my wife just stopped me playing my brand new EL34 (well, it's 3am after all). That's for sure the most amazing gear I every got my hands on. Driving 1000km (both directions) to get it was tough, but worth every meter. And you have to meet the guy who builds it! He is just as amazing as his kit. I also brought back a brand new leslie (called birdie), also built by him.

Just one more comment on the ATP: I understood you know Gottfried: try the titan TP!

Cheers! Rupert

Latest posts

Back