ES130 - the latest addition to my family

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny642000

Reaction score
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5090202

I've tried copying these pictures onto the forum but it doesn't seem to work even though I'm copying from an online photo company. Any instructions on how to post pictures most welcome.

Anyway for those of you who saw my questions regarding Tokai vs Edwards 335 style guitars, I finally went with my head and heart and bought another Tokai - to join my growing Tokai family.

There have been quite a few forum threads recently regarding the Tokai ES range and I can only endorse what superb instruments these are - both in terms of build quality and sheer playability.

As regards tone - all my guitars are stock. I find the Tokai pups perfectly fine for my style of music - 1st generation-influenced punk. I don't need anything hotter.

I've tried to give you a flavour of the quilted maple top in later photos...

Also featured are my LS75Q, my Breezysound and my Hardpuncher. All superbly made instruments. As my interests are more on recording rather than playing live these days, I'm focusing my GAS on different types of guitar rather than multiple LPs - although that might still happen...

As I lost my guitar room to Baby Joe, I thought it only appropriate to use his room to photograph my guitars in...

Not photographed are my Gibson Les Paul Special, Gordon Smith GS1, my Washburn W165 Pro and my Washburn 32SW acoustic - so many guitars so little wardrobe space...

I bought it off Richtone for ?749.

This is the second guitar I've bought from them and I can highly recommend them in terms of service and communication.

From a fellow ES owner, congratulations on your purchase. Good price too.

I love the colour of the Love Rock man, especially with your musical influences :lol:

Unfortunately, the guitars and Joe don't all fit in the same cot so it's the guitars which have to sleep elsewhere...

QuattroSte - thanks for the admiring comments re the colour of my LS75Q. It's an absolutley beautiful guitar if you like that kind of thing...a bit reminiscent of Mick Ronson in Ziggy period Bowie - as well as being eminently suitable for my punky thrashings...

Even better, I didn't even know I was in the market for a Love Rock until I saw it on Ebay with Music Ground Leeds. It was a stock clearance item a year ago at ?399 - an absolute snip for a pristine MIJ guitar - and, much as I love my new ES130, this would be the one I would save from a burning house (after Joe, of course)...

Latest posts

Back