All Tokai ES players, info needed please help me out...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildebassman

Reaction score
Ok guys,

been searching for a good ES guitar a few months now, the Gibby's I played were all crap, my eye got caught on Tokai. Been reading the reviews on HC, all positive, now I've found one online in Japan.
Here's my thoughts....

Are all ES 110's and up made in Japan?
How consistent is the quality?
Is it a great risk buying one online from a Japanese guitar shop,
are there bad ones regarding built, soundwise, technical and playing issues, or is it pretty save to just order....

All input and help is highly appreciated!

Dennis. :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I also got an offer from the German distributor, he's also a member here and a very nice and friendly man,
I'm leaning towards buying from him but he has no stock at the moment and the guitars are considerably cheaper in Japan and case is included.

:roll:

Hi Wildbassman.

I have an ES100 which I bought in Feb05. It's an absolutly beautifully made and crafted guitar. The playability, neck, finish everything is top class. However, recently I am having electronic issues. I'm not sure if the switch needs to have its contacts cleaned(simple enough job) or its something more sinister like the wiring. I would recommend buying one but I would also recommend trying one first if you can.

Everything including and above ES100 are made in Japan.

I would recommend buying from Japan if you can as you will get a better deal.

Hi if this man is topgs (Gottfried Schmidt). He is right, trust him. I met him on a music fair (he had about 20 tokais on his display) and also bought some things later on. He has great prices, too.

topgs is the guy,100% trustworthy just for a few dollars more,piece of mind is a good thing,and he is very helpfull,also a guy on here called villager but he deals in the early ones.Check his website www.japanguitars.co.uk but he now lives in France drinking wine :p :p :wink:

Thanks a lot guys! I think I'll buy from Gottfried, also found one on
Yahoo apan I liked a lot, quite a bit cheaper but.... what to do when something is wrong?? :wink:

Latest posts

Back