Hello, Silver star new owner

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slorach

Reaction score
Eveing all, I just won a Tokai silver star on ebay so I thought I'd join up and introduce myself.
My name is Martyn and I'm from Scotland.
I've been after a strat for a while and I love the look of the old CBS strats with the big head.
I didn't really want to go for a mex strat and I couldn't afford a real usa strat so I was looking for either a Japanese squire or a tokai.
My ideal guitar would have been an aged looking white or cream guitar with a big headstock.
Imagine how chuffed I was when I saw this on ebay a couple of days ago :D :D
tokai4.jpg

tokai3.jpg

tokai2.jpg

tokai1.jpg

Ebay link
I think I got it for a decent price, probably the faded areas on the paintwork put anyone else off bidding but I think it adds character.
I own about 10 guitars altogether, each one of them is quite interesting in it's own way but this is my first strat
I cant wait to have a twang on it :D :D
Merry xmas,
Martyn

Nice guitar - looking by the way the paint's faded I guess a previous owner was an EVH fan !!!

I feel Silver Stars as very good guitars since I got mine 4 years ago.It was an '82 one in sunburst with a really good neck I end up selling to a old pro friend of mine who used it to record some songs playing for a young local band.Since that I wanted another one and now I will get a '79 one to try.I will report results if I have spare time enough.

Great buying!

Hi Guys,
thanks for the comments, I'll post a few more pictures up when I get the guitar.
I've also got a couple of other guitars that I'd like to to get some information about. I'll post some pics when I get home. ( I'm on an oil rig just now)
Later dudes,
Martyn

Back