What's the name of Tokai factory?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganzua

Reaction score
I have two questions regarding Tokai factory;

1 What's the name of the Tokai factory? Iribe Gakki?

2 Is this factory currently producing Fender Japan?

Just read the interview published here in Tokairegistry with Mr. Shohei Adachi.....
Ganzua I think you?re a little "despistado" :roll:

It's called Top Secret Tokai Factory. It moves around a lot. It is guarded by anime figures and schoolgirls in plaid skirts. No Gajiin allowed.

bruno said:
Tokai Gakki?? :roll:

luis said:
Just read the interview published here in Tokairegistry with Mr. Shohei Adachi.....
Ganzua I think you?re a little "despistado" :roll:

Yep, that's why I started this thread.

Here; http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4434&highlight=shohei+adachi

it is stated that;

Q4: Since when does Tokai Gakki produce Fender Japan guitars, and will this cooperation continue? Do you make all available models in Japan, or are there some models that you outsource to your or other Korean partners?

A4: We started to make guitars for Fender Japan 8 years ago. All of the guitars are made in our factory, Japan. One other factory, Daita Gakki, is making guitars for Fender Japan. So we do not make some of the models of Fender Japan. They export some of them. But we do not.

I didn't quite catch it;

We started to make guitars for Fender Japan 8 years ago -> I understand that Tokai is producing Fender Japan

One other factory, Daita Gakki, is making guitars for Fender Japan. -> I don't know if Daita Gakki belongs to Tokai or what.

So we do not make some of the models of Fender Japan. -> They must be producing ONLY some models, I wonder which models. I'd bet strat and telecaster are two of the models.

They export some of them. But we do not. -> I understand that Daita Gakki is not owned by Tokai?

I'm confused. I thought Tokai factory itself had another name, I don't know why I thought it was Iribe. My mistake, sorry.

whitehall said:
It's called Top Secret Tokai Factory. It moves around a lot. It is guarded by anime figures and schoolgirls in plaid skirts. No Gajiin allowed.

Hey man! Could you please send to Spain some of whatever you are smoking? I'd like to give it a try myself :wink:

Ganzua, what I understand is tokai gakki is making some fender, and some other factory named Daita Gakki (which does not belong to tokai) is also making guitars for fender (there were rumors, some time ago, that fender's production was split between two factories in japan, one of them being tokai gakki).

What Mr. Adashi states is that, that other factory makes export models, and tokai doesn't (they only make some internal market model, probably the new lacquer coated series and a couple other models).

Whitehall's remarks are as always quite useful...

bruno said:
Ganzua, what I understand is tokai gakki is making some fender, and some other factory named Daita Gakki (which does not belong to tokai) is also making guitars for fender (there were rumors, some time ago, that fender's production was split between two factories in japan, one of them being tokai gakki).

Thanks for the answer Bruno!

I'm interested in finding out which Fender models are being currently produced in Tokai Gakki because my next purchase will be a Fender Telecaster '52 and if Japanese version of this model, tl52-78us or tl52-88tx is produced in Tokai Gakki I will be blindly purchasing it. I do believe in the work of that factory.

bruno said:
Whitehall's remarks are as always quite useful...

Well, let's see :D It is not my intention to start a polemic argue. I just want to find out.

If you have a bit more of money to spent, you could also check out the new DMC 52 tele, fender japan's nitro lacquered version of the 52...

By the way your not starting any polemic arguement :wink: leave that up to me!

bruno said:
If you have a bit more of money to spent, you could also check out the new DMC 52 tele, fender japan's nitro lacquered version of the 52...

By the way your not starting any polemic arguement :wink: leave that up to me!

Hi Bruno again! Hi whitehall, a pity we can't share some shots :wink:

I'm not sure about japanese telecaster pick ups, I think there are 3 models;

tl52-78us-> US vintage telecaster pups
tl52-88tx -> US texas special pups
tl52-118dmc -> dimarzios 110's?

I want the classic telecaster sound, bruce springsteen's nocaster's sound, that's what I'm looking for.

LOL !!!!!!! :p :p

Can I get in if I dress as a cyber-ninja?

Ganzua, if you want bruce springsteen, you want an esquire :wink:

Seriously I bet any of those models will get you there...

bruno said:
Ganzua, if you want bruce springsteen, you want an esquire :wink:

Seriously I bet any of those models will get you there...

It is not an esquire since esquiers have only the bridge pup, sorry! It is a nocaster with two pups :wink:

It is called "nocaster" because Gretsch claimed rights over the broadcaster trademark wich it is actually a Grestch bass based on my main guitar, a 6119 tennessee rose by Chet Atkins. Fender had to remove the broadcaster logos for a while and these series are now known as nocasters.

Then the old Fender Broadcaster became the Fender Telecaster.

I do know that texas specials are not the tone, I think their tone are more suitable for blues, but I've never heard those us vintage's, I don't know if they are the same as the made in usa telecaster 52 pups. I never ever heard the 118dmc dimarzios.

no ganzua, Springsteen's guitar is an Esquire, it's been modified, you don't need to explain to me the whole story of the "tele-family", I'm quite familiar with it, thank you:

Jimi Hendrix closes the Woodstock festival with "The Star Spangled Banner." George Harrison plays a rosewood body Telecaster guitar in the Beatles' farewell performance atop London's Apple building. Bruce Springsteen buys his now-famous Esquire? guitar.

just to prove my point, taken from: click the link and scroll down to 1969

Any fan of the "Boss", who plays guitar, will tell you, it's an esquire alright.

If you want my personal opinion, go with the Dimarzio collection tele.

Edit: better yet, since you're buying sight unseen anyways, you could purchase a 52 japan neck off of ebay, get a nice ash body from allparts and assemble a great 52 yourself.

the manager of a local shop told me FJs were made in 2 factories with the basses being made in another.
If you want a real nice FJ tele, don`t forget Van Zandt or Seymour Duncan...both make great guitars. The VZs are not cheap, even used they can be expensive but they are outstanding guitars. SD`s Traditional line was his low end sries but by no means cheap in quality. The higher up you go in the SD line the better the wood, but any of his would be recommended. I own 3 of the SDs, one from each series and I have a VZ strat...Leo would certanly be proud.
The SDs were made for him by ESP but in 2006, he drastically changed the number of models as well as the design and I believe they are no longer made by ESP. The VZs are made by a company called PGM over here, they make high end guitars for a few brands...Moon being another. The Japabnese are making some excellent guitars these days...keep watching the Ishibashi U-Box and if you see a Duncan or VZ...jump because they go fast.
Also...the Edwards/Duncan teles are very very nice.

Any fan of the "Boss", who plays guitar, will tell you, it's an esquire alright.

It's definitely an Esquire - if you look at the cover of "Born to Run" you can see Esquire on the headstock

I'm not a fan of Bruce Springsteen, in fact there's only so much of the man's music I can listen to. However, the comments made about his guitar in this thread had me reaching for my copy of "Six Decades of the Fender Telecaster (The Story Of The World's First Solid Body Electric Guitar)" by Tony Bacon (published by Backbeat Books, 2005, ISBN 0-87930-856-7) On pages 78 & 79, commenting a photo of the cover of the "Born To Run" album, it reads: "Bruce Springsteen hit it big in the middle of the decade with Born To Run, and on the jacket here you can see him ... brandishing his Esqire, complete with severe pickup modifications". On page 81 we read: "Bruce Springsteen strummed a hard-working Esquire (Telefied with a second pickup)".

Hope this helps clarify things. :)

Didn't find any DAITA gakki, but there's a DAITO gakki... could this be it?

Some Fender were made at dyna factory also.

Latest posts

Back