RS Guitar Works electronics upgrade?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveb334

Reaction score
I have a new MIK Tokai LR and wanted to change out the pots and caps for a more quality brand. I have heard alot of great things about RSguitarworks.com. Has anyone ever tried them in their LR? How does it sound? Which one did you get?
thanks alot in advance.

Hi Steve,

tried the prewired historic set ... (with the short shaft pots)

Easy to fit in, but when I tried to mount the bell hats I pushed too hard - 2 of the pots have broken - cheapo plastic inside ... poor ! :eek:
On my questions I've got no answers until today ... poor ! :eek:

So I've ordered another one with the "super pots" - it works well and gives a clearer tone, the tone pots fullfill their destination - especially in the middle position you can mix the tone between the two pups very sophisticatedly ... a good upgrade - the Hovlands are in a special league - phantastic value!

But you will save some money if you order just the loose electrical material, not the prewired set - your decision ! :wink:

Roger

Just ordered the RS parts kit, not pre wired, I want the fun! I aready have Hovland caps in every guitar, but thhe regular ones, which are larger, not these "guitar caps.

Let you know what I find. Hoping to get it done tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back