Well, I pulled the trigger...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frpax

Reaction score
On this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190040342670&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Congrats, looks very nice. Have a LS85F that I are very satisfied with. Tokai?s are great guitars.

Anders
Sweden

Congrats as well

I'm just a bit worried about a decal change??
You have the serial no but why change the headstock logo!

Amyrate that is just a cosmetitic detail !!
I did disregard one last month cause of a fake headstock, god it was bewdiful
LS-70Q but with a Gibson logo on the headstock

I just figure, if you get a good quality copy Lester , why not keep it that way, IMHO Tokais's are THE BEST copy
I hope you'll love your Ls-70 as much as I love mine (imp to australia fr japan ) Got it last week

I've had two band practices with it, every night love sessions,new guitar, right! Its aesome

Yeah, the decal was changed to a Gibby LP, and when they shot the clear laquer over it, it shrunk a bit. It looks funny...sort of like a kid drew it on w/ a gold pen. But he's providing a new one, so I'll redo it myself. I have experience in this area.. :wink:

I'm pretty excited to get it! :D

When you get it, why don?t you strip down the headstock, so the Tokai loggo get visible again like it should be ?

Anders
Sweden

Overdriver said:
You might as well get a Gibson holly headstock veneer with the pearl logo if you want to do it properly :D
I've seen various veneers on Ebay...what is a "holly" veneer?

andersozzy said:
When you get it, why don?t you strip down the headstock, so the Tokai loggo get visible again like it should be ?

Anders
Sweden
I'm not sure that this will be an option. Through my various emails with the (now former) owner, I think the original Tokai Loves Rock logo was destroyed in the conversion. I am going to strip it down anyway and see.

Is there a "Loves Rock" decal even available?

Holly veneer refers to the headstock facing on the original Gibson LP's and is supposed to contribute to the overall tonality so I heard. It's made from the Holly tree.

I've seen a bloke on fleabay doing Tokai logo decal reprints but I think they are all for the Spring's and 'Stars.

Latest posts

Back