1st tokai???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keving

Reaction score
just got 1st tokai, i hope. decals have been removed and replaced with fender, also pups have been replaced with sd's and paint job has been removed to reveal a lovely piece of something which has been waxed. serial no. on neck plate reads L22863 and tuners have deluxe stamped on them.yet to remove scratchplate but original colour appears to have been cream/antique white. original pups in box but dont appear to have any no's on them. has anyone any thoughts on this.

Hi

sounds like an Olympic white goldstar....when you get a chance take a look under the scratch plate and at the butt of the neck (have to remove) where the truss rod is.. if they are original they will have similar markings...e.g. 12 = 11 and the pick up cavity or electronics cavity will show matching markings plus colour code e.g. OW = olympic white BB = Black GS = Golden sunburst YSO = yellow sunburst old type LB = lake placid blue etc....

I know this because I have asked the exact same questions in this mighty forum

wanorak

thanks! i'll do that when missus is out. surprise crimbo present!!!. also take a few pics and post them. checked out registry details and something similar '64 oldie, does that sound right. neck and fingerboard are same as this.

cant wait to try it when all alone-devil makes work and all that.

thanks once again

Back