ES Neo Select series

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagle

Reaction score
Anyone played one of these ?..just wondering if you get anything really for the extra money.
Anyone know of a stockist in Japan who will ship overseas ?..Thanks.

I reveal it.
neo select is a specialty.
This series is the guitar which the person who made the history of old TOKAI still produced.
neo series is sold to only Japan.In addition, a production person sells direct it.Fortunately, you are very lucky if you can hold it in your hand.

If this mention is found in him, I am scolded. :(

I have an ES model dont know the exact model for it as no visible serial on the axe itself but sure is very high quality built and intricate workmanship and it looks like a lucille es355 black high gloss finish with natural mahoganny bending neck and body, mother of pearl and abalone inlayed neck,gold plated hardware and bigby trem and floating bridge nut, very beautifull axe I wonder if it not one of those rare custom model we all hear about.

Got pics give me an email and I'll sent it to you and maybe I can actualy find out what year and model I have in hand now.

Thanks
Normand

rocklimber112
>>

Do you have a Neo Select Tokai Guitar?
ES-Neo has it of 1 in Australia.
Is not the ES-TOKAI which you have a mass production product?

I have my Tokai posted on ebay so maybe if you go take a look at it you would be able to help me more in detail, like I have said I dont know the year nor the model except that all the catalogue and pics of tokai she is not in and the closes I have seen is an FA80 model and even that is not that close so please if you can help me ID my axe it would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao bud

Rera or not that is a beauty. Love how that flame top is so wavy in comparison to many of the flametops on Love Rocks.

HI , i know a few of you guys are not really keen on Hisashi but he is a very knowledgable person and instead of ridiculing his lack of english skills maybe you should listen a bit more. He is exactly right neo select guitars are made or were made by one of tokai's top luthiers and also sold by him, i know this for a fact . They were only made for the japanese market and were not to be sold outside japan, they don't even like the second hand ones to go off shore. There is a lot more to this story but i respect the japanese tradition of being secretive about there buisness {there are reasons for this also}.We all know the japanese do a lot of weird things and make a lot of obscure models ,just try finding information on most early MIJ guitars even some current ones , so instead of being ignorant ,open up your minds to new information ,Hisashi is only trying to help unlock some of the mystery surrounding some of these guitars. And he also cops flack for doing this. And by the way Togps i have seen quite a few Neo select and neo guitars and they are really beautiful well made guitars. Hope this helps .......Mick :)

Indeed, that Neo select looks a stunner!

She's a beauty.

Thanks Hisashi for your time and effort. !

leadguitar_323 said:
HI , i know a few of you guys are not really keen on Hisashi but he is a very knowledgable person and instead of ridiculing his lack of english skills maybe you should listen a bit more. He is exactly right neo select guitars are made or were made by one of tokai's top luthiers and also sold by him, i know this for a fact . They were only made for the japanese market and were not to be sold outside japan, they don't even like the second hand ones to go off shore. There is a lot more to this story but i respect the japanese tradition of being secretive about there buisness {there are reasons for this also}.We all know the japanese do a lot of weird things and make a lot of obscure models ,just try finding information on most early MIJ guitars even some current ones , so instead of being ignorant ,open up your minds to new information ,Hisashi is only trying to help unlock some of the mystery surrounding some of these guitars. And he also cops flack for doing this. And by the way Togps i have seen quite a few Neo select and neo guitars and they are really beautiful well made guitars. Hope this helps .......Mick :)

Geeez... Are you ready to come off your soapbox now?

It's a beautiful guitar but if your posting an add for English speakers you better know the difference between rera and rare. Nobody is discrediting his knowledge, and because of it's specs I would say that the guitar in question is rare, especially to those of us in the US.

Hello Buckwild, I have nothing against you having an opinion, but you completely missed the point. For a start we all know he meant rare,and most of these guys know a little about japanese culture, as soon as i read the post in question i knew it would be taken as an insult and it was.This is not the first time someone has been made fun of or ridiculed on this forum and i definately am not the first one to pick it out. Maybe i expect a little bit more from these so called "experts" but i think there are better ways of going about it, as far as soapboxes go, in australia we keep soap in ours, and we don't have rera in our dictionaries .....thanks :-?

Thank You kindly. Dual Bachelors from University California Santa Cruz in Psychology and Fine Art, Masters from Art Center College of Design...and your degrees would be from?

Back