An ES. I want one.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadman

Reaction score
I nearly bought a 120 for cheap in the Coda Christmas sale last year. Wish I had. They don't come up on Ebay very often, although there's a 120 on there at the moment for summat like ?635 I think.

I fancied a 100 (no frills).

Anyone seen any around? Anyone got one for sale?

I have one in my hands at the moment.ES120 with original case in cherry red.I hardly ever get it out of the case so I always think I should sell it.Then I plug it in for 5 minutes and ALWAYS change my mind.

I know that feeling well jj.

If you did sell it, how much would you expect to get for it? (just as a buying aid for myself, of course :wink: )

I think Iwould expect at least as much as the one you mention on ebay,especially as mine has the proper case.I also think they are not that easy to locate at the moment.

Gotcha jj. ;)

Thanks Amo, I saw those. I was just wanting a second hand minter, with the case.

ES120 is back from the doc - Lollar Imperials, complete rewire, CTS everything, Tonepros everything. I need to get home and play the thing.

Don't know - maybe the wood? Its quite stripy. Very well put together guitar.

I now have all the wiring, the switch, pots, the pickups, the tuneamatic and the tailpiece sitting in a box. You think this is ebay-able?

togps said:
.... and nitro lacquer

Hi togps,

Have seen a 2004 catalog and seem to remember the ES-100 had nitro as well. Could be wrong. No disappointment for me if it isn't. Love my 100 as it is! 8)

thanks

Steve

Hey togps,

Thanks for the reply! It makes sense, because my ES-100 has a light (poly) finish that doesn't scratch easily. But as I said, I am really impressed with this guitar nonetheless. I would guess that over the years nitro could sound a mite better, but all the Tokai (and Gibson) ES-335 bodies are still made of that miracle material, maple plywood!

thanks

Steve

tokaigeezer said:
... but all the Tokai (and Gibson) ES-335 bodies are still made of that miracle material, maple plywood!

Yep, with one exception:
AFAIK, Gibsons ES 335 have a maple sustain block.
Tokais ES100/120 features a center block of - Spruce/Maple/Spruce 3 ply

tokaigeezer, enjoy your lady!

just got this during the weekend 8)

ES100SR hmmmm semi hollow goodness :p

DSC01405.jpg

Latest posts

Back