Tokai Basses??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezrag

Reaction score
Hello everyone-
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of the Tokai Precision Hard Puncher Bass? Apparantly this is a copy of a Fender P-bass. I have owned a Tokai strat since high school in the 80's and love it but never heard of a Tokai bass until I saw one recently- I'm thinking of buying it because I've been looking for a P-bass.
Does anyone know anything about the quality on these? Are they as good as the Tokai guitars?

I was very tempted getting a Jazz Sound but I?m not bassist so I ended up desisting. They are very interesting tome.
Just for the record Guildham School bass teacher regulary plays a MIJ bass,not Tokai however......

Hey there, welcome to the forum ezrag. If you happen to pick that up, try and post a pic... I play a U1971N Univox, P Bass copy, and enjoy it immensley. So much I'd put it up against a Fender any time. A Tokai P copy sounds cool. What year is it? And whats the price if you don't mind..

10thGear

Dear Ezrag,

I have just bought a Hardpuncher and yes the quality is great.

I own a breezy sound and a love rock 75q.My main focus is recordingg and I used a korean hohner bass which I bought in 1988 - so I was well overdue to upgrade. I found out through a UK retailer that, as Tokai were now manufacturing for Fender, that they were ceasing to make their own F-style guitars. Given that a MIJ Fender P bass retails in the UK at c?499 and you can get a hardpuncher for c?300, it made it a no brainer to chase one of the remaining stocks down. Basically you're getting the usual Tokai quality for the price of a Mexican-made Fender - so since yesterday I amnow the proud owner of a Hardpuncher and very happy with my purchase.

Regards,

John.

Back