Just thinkin' out loud ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Morgan

Reaction score
I am toying with the idea of selling one of my ES130's. I thought about posting it on the classified page here, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the problems of money and shipping with an overseas buyer. What do you guys think, should I post it in the classifieds, or try to sell it here in Japan?

Bill

Hi Bill,

I'm sad to read this ...

... because I remember your postings when you gave us pics of your guitars with all your pride and joy ...

I assert you - if I had the money for a new guitar I would try to convince you to sell to me ... ! :-?

Roger

I guess the lack of comments answers my question. OK, I'll go ahead and sell it here in Japan.

Just as a matter of interest, the guitar is a sunburst, block neck ES130 purchased earlier this year. It has been completely rewired with shielded cable throughout. It has Duncan Antiquity pickups, CTS pots from RS Guitarworks, Vitamin-Q caps and Switchcraft switch and jack. It's probably the best Tokai I own, but I recently purchased two 1967 ES-335's and I need to thin out the herd a bit. I'll be keeping the natural finish 130 and the cherry 120.

Bill

Bill,

I often toyed with the idea to purchase a 335, because that was the first guitar I felt in love with - a sunburst 335 as the Beatles used to play - OK they were Epis ... doesn't matter, your Tokai is one of the best!

Please give me a PM if you would sell overseas ... and what you'll charge for her.
I have to consider it !! :-?

Roger

Back