newb with questions for Japan members

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inHK

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm new here. I live in Hong Kong and travel to Japan at least once a year (for work). Last year I ordered a CIJ Telecaster from Ishibashi in advance of a trip. It was waiting for me at my hotel when I checked in! Great guitar, great service - all was good with Ishibashi. However this time I am looking for a Tokai, either an LSS175 or LSS80, or perhaps one of their ES guitars. There probably wont be enough time for me to order a Tokai thru Ishibashi and have it ready for me when I arrive in October, so I was considering taking my chances with what's in stock at some of the stores (including Ishibashi) in Ochanomizu.

Japan members, please help with some questions:

Are Tokais usually plentiful in those shops?
Are there particular shops where the Tokai selection might be better?
How much 'negotiating' can be done on price?

I probably wont have time to go anywhere but Ochanomizu - my company's offices are in Otemachi and I will be pretty busy for the 2-3 days I will be there.

Many thanks for help.

inHK said:
 Are Tokais usually plentiful in those shops?
No. Tokai guitars are not plentiful in the shops that well known among the foreigners like Ishibashi.

Are there particular shops where the Tokai selection might be better?
Yes. I know a shop that has a strong connection with Tokai.
the manager of that shop is a man who was working at Tokai for long.
he knows everything about old Tokais.

http://www.meikyokudo-neo.show-buy.jp/index.htm

not sure if he accept your orders.

How much 'negotiating' can be done on price?
dunno. I myself have never tried it.

] Yes. I know a shop that has a strong connection with Tokai. the manager of that shop is a man who was working at Tokai for long. he knows everything about old Tokais. http://www.meikyokudo-neo.show-buy.jp/index.htm not sure if he accept your orders. [quote said:
That shop is in Nagoya, just slightly outside of Ochanomizu. I do know of one shop over there that usually seems to have a selection of Tokai Les Pauls. Unfortunately I can't recall the name right this minute. When are you coming over?

Bill

the Rock Inn...a.k.a. Shinseido... in this city has several Tokais on display...they had 2 LS-150s but the matte finish was sent to a branch somewhere to be sold. Now, this is not a very big city and they don`t seem to move many Tokais but if a branch in say Tokyo or Osaka needs a particular model they do sent them out, just in case the bigger cities are having trouble getting Tokais.

Hi - thanks for the responses. I will be in Tokyo 22-24 Oct. I will likely only have time to go guitar hunting in the afternoon/early evening of 23-24th - as I said, I'm there for work so my time really won't be my own.

inHK said:
Hi - thanks for the responses. I will be in Tokyo 22-24 Oct. I will likely only have time to go guitar hunting in the afternoon/early evening of 23-24th - as I said, I'm there for work so my time really won't be my own.

I think the store I was thinking of is Kurosawa. It's quite close to Ochanomizu station. If you come out of the station and head down the hill, it's the first small street on the left side. The last time I was there they had 6 or 8 Tokai Les Pauls.

Bill

Hi - thanks again, Bill. I will send an email to Ishibashi and see how long it would take for them to get, say, an ES130 from Tokai. If that doesnt work out, I will do a search thru Ochanomizu in Oct and see what I find. I have a Gibby LP already, so I'm looking for another model - ES type or p-90 equipped,etc.

Latest posts

Back