ES 120 wiring upgrade?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarnard

Reaction score
Anyone done one? Does it require widening the holes for the pots? If so how difficult is this? Best place to get electronics?

bbarnard said:
Anyone done one? Does it require widening the holes for the pots? If so how difficult is this? Best place to get electronics?

Yes, a few of us have done that mod. Try searching through the forum for some past posts on this subject. The holes need to be widened if you put standard size US pots in. But it's a very simple job with a hand reamer. I recently gutted one of my 130's and replaced everything, pickups, pots, caps, switch, jack and wire. It's not a fun job, but it's not all that bad. I used a cardboard template to mount the pots, switch and jack to and wired everything up on the template. Then it was just a matter of feeding the parts back into the guitar, connecting the pickups, and getting the parts into their respective holes.

Parts are available in many places (do a Google search for guitar parts), but AllParts is usually pretty good. If you want premium parts, at a premium price, try RS Guitarworks.

Bill

Latest posts

Back