Sound clips

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawilluk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but there seems to be a lack of audio clips. It would be good to hear people's Tokais with different pups,etc.
I know there are some demos in the Home Recording forum but it's really clips to compare sounds I'm talking about. Do we need a new forum for this?

I intend to post some of my ls-145s through my tweed deluxe clone, as I have stated before, but will only be able to upload them by the end of august...

jawilluk said:
I know there are some demos in the Home Recording forum but it's really clips to compare sounds I'm talking about. Do we need a new forum for this?

For a real comparison you had to play the different guitars (with different pickups) through the same amp with always the same settings, played by the same player, same piece etc.... otherwise a comparison won't hardly be possible - and still every clip you'd hear would always be a product of a player, his guitar, amps, recording devices - if two guitar players play with the same guitar over the same setting, they will sound different...

To put it simple: I don't trust any soundclips :wink:

Andi
(The first, second, fourth and sitxth jams on my soundclick page in the link below (from top to bottom) are played with my Tokai LS85F w. H?ussel pickups through a Damage Control Demonizer into Cubase, but these are jams, no soundclips... 8) )

andi-o said:
For a real comparison you had to play the different guitars (with different pickups) through the same amp with always the same settings, played by the same player, same piece etc....

You didn't mention relative humidity, ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure, Oh and picks............Sheesh, :roll: . all I suggested was for people to upload examples of the sounds they get from their Tokais so others can have a listen and compare them to their own sounds. They might even gain an insight into how to get nearer to a sound they're looking for. They might not. Who knows?

We talk a lot about guitars here. We look at a lot of pictures. I'm not looking for a 'real comparison'. I'd just like to hear the guitars as well. :D

ES-120 thru MI Audio Tubezone thru univalve - double tracked.

http://www.filegone.com/ry3n

:D

jawilluk said:
We talk a lot about guitars here. We look at a lot of pictures. I'm not looking for a 'real comparison'. I'd just like to hear the guitars as well. :D
You mean, like this?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4630

hans-j?rgen said:
You mean, like this?

Thanks, Hans-Jurgen. I hadn't spotted that thread. I've just enjoyed it now. But equally I would welcome less technically detailed entries. You've set a high stardard there.

gassyndrome. Your ES-120 has a really nice crunch to it in that clip. I'd never really considered a semi-acoustic for that type of sound.

hans-j?rgen said:
jawilluk said:
You mean, like this?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4630

How I forgot to mention that one is beyond me, hans has got to me one of the best guys when it comes to making reviews, let me tell you when you started that thread I spent a lot of time reading it and patiently waiting for the next set of pickups to be tested, loved the "article"... I also liked your review of the SEB love rock II... great reviews.

thanks hans

jawilluk said:
Thanks, Hans-Jurgen. I hadn't spotted that thread. I've just enjoyed it now. But equally I would welcome less technically detailed entries. You've set a high stardard there.
I'm sorry... ;) But I've added the direct links to the different parts of the pickup comparison in the first posting, so you or anyone else can jump to the download links without having to read all of my technical yada yada. :p

I'm still not sure what kind of clips you would like to hear though: rather guitar-only samples, or also with backing like the band demos in the "Your recordings?" thread of the Home Recording section:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=28073#28073

The "problem" with this and similar threads on other forums is that hardly anyone replies, so as a poster you soon start to wonder if the users think you suck and are just too polite to answer, or simply didn't bother to download and listen. This can lead to serious self-doubt and frustration of course, and being a guitarist yourself you probably know this feeling, too. ;)

@Bruno: Are you trying to distract me from concentrating on the match vs. Portugal tonight? :D

nahhh :D really those reviews were great

as for the match today, the only shame is that it isn't a final, I would love to see portugal vs. germany in the final, as I trully believe these two teams, deserved it more than italy or france... :wink: but that 's the way things go, and at least we managed to stick aroung until the end of the cup, so good match today hans

hans-j?rgen said:
I'm still not sure what kind of clips you would like to hear though:

As I mentioned earlier, I really just want to hear Tokais in action and to hear what sounds people are getting from them. Anything from a couple of notes to a full blown Symphony is fine with me. I'd particularly like to encourage those who wouldn't consider themselves capable of putting together a full track to just record a few bars of their favourite lead or chord sounds.

hans-j?rgen said:
The "problem" with this and similar threads on other forums is that hardly anyone replies, so as a poster you soon start to wonder if the users think you suck and are just too polite to answer, or simply didn't bother to download and listen. This can lead to serious self-doubt and frustration of course, and being a guitarist yourself you probably know this feeling, too. ;)

Being a guitarist myself, I already know I suck so this is not a problem to me. :D

And when it comes to football, I'm afraid that's where you lose me. :-? I'd rather spend the time listening to bad sound clips (Not 'soundclips'). :wink:

Latest posts

Back