Love Rock Amp Combo? which one is best??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I've an old roland cube but I am looking at an amplifier that will sqeeze all the juices out of my Tokai LR =-p Currently, a peavey delta blues amp is considered..what do you guys think??

What are you LR--amp combo setup like?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'gitachi']

I always thought valve amps were overrated, until I tried one.

Then I bought a Marshall TSL122.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Skybone']

After hearing a Peavey Classic 30 I decided to buy one myself, it's a great amp for both single coils and humbuckers. I use it with a Classic 115E extension cabinet which has a 15" speaker, the 12" in the amp works together with the extension and the sound is fantastic. I use various Tokai's, among them a Love Rock and a Goldstar Sound strat and also a Tokai MAT strat.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Michael']

Marshall Bluesbreaker, any Mesa Boogie, Blackface Fenders....even a Line 6 Flextone II. Stay away from junk... Crate ,etc..

[Anonymously Posted by: 'anony']

I have a Love Rock, I have a Bluesbreaker too... etc. By I always get to play through my friends Delta Blues amp at jams and I think it's great. The 15" speaker is great and the trem in those is just killer. It's gotta be solid too, because my pal just kills his stuff. It's aprox. 30 watts and I have no problem keeping up with my pal who plays through a 60 watt 2x12 Deville. I've never tried the distortion channel on the amp, I run clean , no pedals. The trem is killer!! Duke Robillard uses them too. A minor point is that my friend thinks it's a piece of junk. Steve

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Guitarslim Jr']

Does Mr Robillard still play Tokai's like he did in the eighties ?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'john matthews']

You know, I don't know. He's got a million guitars, but it does not seem to stop him from using the not so vintage. I know he uses a Korean Epi Emperor Regent on tour and on some recordings as well. Steve

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Guitarslim Jr']

Peavey classic 30's are good, very american sound. The Fender Blues Deluxe is an AMAZING amp for the money. it really depends on what sound you want, there are different tubes that produce different sounds. if you want a heavy rock then lean towards mesa or marshall, if you want rock or blues, re-issue marshalls or fenders, and jazz, usually fenders or rolands (rolands are'nt tube amps tho). this is just the most popular amps, there are literally thousands of tube amps out there, ranging from $200 up to $10 000. just find whats right for you.

It is hard to beat the Fender Deluxe Reverb for thick, clean sound. I play both Gibsons & an LS 85 P90 through mine. The sound is great for blues and rock, and can be fine tuned with a good pedal, like the Voodoo labs sparkle drive.

Hi!

I play my Tokais through various amps. But as cfidave says one of the best combinations for blues/rock is a vintage Fender Deluxe or Twin. I actually use a '74 Twin with a Fulltone Full-Drive in front. However, be careful with the Reissues, try to get a real (point-to-point) one.

If you play the hard side I suggest a Boogie.

If you mainly play at home or in the studio (or smaller gigs) I REALLY recommend the Reussenzehn EL34. Most amazing amp I ever heard. www.el34.de.

Cheers! R

Another good match is the Fender Blues Junior, 15 tubes watts, through a 12" speaker. I had mine modded by Bill M. It really opens the sound up, also gives it more of a black face vintage sound. Bill is highly respected over at the Fender Forum.

I play mine through a Cornford hurricane, the best amp I've ever played. Low wattage single channel el-84 based 1*12 combo, pure blues until you crank the gain to pure rock. It won't do metal, it just sounds like Gary Moore on steroids, but there's nothing else like it for classic valve tone.

DerekTrucks, welcome to the forum.
Where did you find this fossil of thread??
Congrats and compliments: You are one of the rare newbies who are able to find and use the SEARCH button. 8) 8)

Here, you'll see some Love Rock Amps:

togps said:
Lot # are only on the first guitar of each bulk and my name is Gottfried

... 'Roger' is easier for keeping in mind, I guess ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

... by the way ... ALL know togps ... :wink:

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

DSC05911.jpg

wahooo! if i'd be a Love Rock i'd be wet by now.

Is this a '74 or a '62?

:p :p :p

Of course I'd still sniff the case.

Back