ES-120 on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the real deal there. Dont worry about the exact spec on the neck - if its anything like mine, your gonna love it. Congrats! :D

Thanks GAS!
Trussrod cover correct? Maybe I'll swap it for a real "bell".
Pickups any good in these?

Dont know about the trussrod cover - I just left it as is. Pickups were usable, but I swapped em to Duncans anyway. I'd play it for a while before you decide to switch em!

You are gona love the whole guitar. The neck is thick but correct. It is a very precise playing axe. As good if not better than the 59 es 335 that it replicates. The pups are as good as anything out there in this case for this guitar. I would not change them. I would put an aluminun tail on it, it makes it sound much better. Also I did the tail wrap and it made the sound. AS much as I love this axe I'm most likely going to trade my ES 120 natural and my LS 150 CB for a LS 320 VF if it meets my standards.I will buy a higher end ES in natural as soon as I can to replace it. Now go play it!

johan said:
You have any tailpiece to recommend? I know RS have one @ $40

StewMac has the lightweight Gotoh tailpieces for less than $30. Since the original parts on the Tokai are Gotoh, they should fit pefectly. StewMac also has the locking TonePros studs. Just be sure to get the metric ones.

Bill

Congratulations. I was actually tracking that one. I ended up not bidding b/c I found one locally that I liked also.

Well done...great taste in guitars! Have fun with it.

johan said:
Hi
I won this auction yesterday. Been looking for a ES guitar for some time and pulled the trigger.

Johan,

Did you get your guitar yet? What do you think of it? Take any pics yet?

Bill

Unfortunately not. My payment through PayPal hasn't cleared yet. Paid two weeks ago. I'll write Paypal a complaint later today. Hopefully it'll clear any day now.

Latest posts

Back