My Tokai Model?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfhalo

Reaction score
I bought my Tokai Love Rock Les Paul about 4 months ago from JSD Guitars in Canada and have been very happy with it........except for the weight, which seems a bit on the heavy side. One thing I'd like to know is the exact Tokai model nomenclature of this guitar........LS 65, etc. It's a Korean guitar made to Canadian specs. Whenever I come to the discussion board, everyone always refers to their models as LS (etc) and I'd just like to be more informed. Thanks. BTW: My Tokai is a beautiful Violin Burst.

I'm not as astute as some of our other distinguished forum members but here's an everyman's explanation:

LS = Les Paul
ES = 335 or hollowbody (ES in Gibson parlance means Electric Spanish)
SG = SG
ST = Strat
TE = Tele

I'm sure there are several I've forgotten to list and there will be additons to those above based upon the guitar type (custom, etc)

The numbers after the model indicate two things:

1. The price in Yen (65 = 65,000 yen)

2. The higher the Yen, the higher the quality of the guitar (wood, hardware, electronics) While the LS65 is a good guitar, the LS320 is arguably the top of the line.

Hope that helps.....

Marcus

Your guitar is not in the LS series. LS guitars are the Japanese made Love Rocks. Your guitar being Korean is a ALS-48. Dollar for dollar, you have a great guitar. I have owned 2 of these in the past and both have been extremely heavy as well. I own a Japanese LS 80 and it is much lighter than either of the Korean ones I've owned. The extra weight is a result of the wood that is used and even the drying process of the wood. The more they rush the drying process, the heavier the wood. That is my understanding but I may be wrong.

Think of your guitar (with its heavy weight) as more of a Norlin era Les Paul :wink:

The model #s are right on the site, its a NALS-48. I believe yours was about 9.6 lbs if I remember correctly? They do vary, the one I have sitting here now is about 8.6 lbs.

Yep..........as Kevin said, the model nomenclature is right on the JSD Guitar Shack website..........just brain-fade on my part, I guess. And, as Pegcityrocker said, it's a great guitar for the money. I'd definitely buy another and, as I've told Kevin, will pick up a Goldtop w/P-90's from him in the not-to-distant future. By the way: JSD Guitar Shack has been a fabulous store to do business with.........highly recommended by me. Thanks for the wuick replies.

Thanks Adrian, I appreciate the complements. I'll have those new P-90 GTs in on Friday....;)

Latest posts

Back