Interesting Tokai Harmony Central thread

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anybody who's interested. There is a debate going on Harmony Central sparked by my listing on ebay for the LS-320. It's kinda the same old battle between Gibson purist saying that no Tokai is worth that much blah blah. Intersting fodder for any tokaiforum member.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1222483

Nice stuff Mike!!!! However, don't waste your time getting into it with Batotman. He's always on the boards and he has a very high opinion of his own opinion. That really didn't make sense. Oh well.

Buck,

Things were pretty heavy for a while but I replied kindly to many other posters and I think they figured out I'm STANDUP... and the beating Batwoman tried to lay on me, ain't nothing... Any other guys wanna wade in there and get my back I'd be grateful... There's a lot of Tokai lovers over there - they seemed to pop out of the woodwork as things got hot...

Big

popcorn_smiley.gif

Joe, even more fun could probably be generated when posting in the LPF classified section... ;)

hans-j?rgen said:
popcorn_smiley.gif

Joe, even more fun could probably be generated when posting in the LPF classified section... ;)

Should I do it? I have priveledges to post there?

buckwild said:
Should I do it? I have priveledges to post there?
Probably it wouldn't last very long... err, the posting that is, maybe your privileges, too... :D

[Edit]
Actually it's not clear to me from reading their rules for classifieds if you could post a Tokai Love Rock there or not. There are two postings about not allowing Les Paul replicas and/or Gibson Les Paul replicas, but not defining what that would be, e.g. if it has to say "Gibson" on the headstock:
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97162
http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102057

On the other hand our forum member hoss33 has posted his 1978 Reborn there since Sep 2005, and it hasn't been removed:

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100413

Got a lot of views though... ;)

But I have another question resulting from that HC thread: is Tommy's House of Wayward Guitars your Ebay shop, and how come the same guitar costs more there than in your personal Ebay auction?

[Edit]
D'oh, shouldn't post that early in the morning, these are two different LS320s, sorry... :oops:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7406479596
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7408468280

Yeah two seperate LS-320's on ebaty right now. This is an interesting rant from an ebay member sent to me:

"Haha, you'll NEVER SELL this guitar for this price, its worth MAYBE half this. YOu know you probably disagree, but you'll see by auctions end when nobody bids on it, you'll have to lower the price if you plan on ever getting rid of it, I would pay half what you got on it, AT THE MOST. I have about 8 tokais,Edwards, Orville's and Burnys, I know what their worth, and I know what you can get them for, And anyone who is going to spend $2400-$2600 on a giutar will know too and say to themselves What the HELL is this guy thinking!?! Just a word advice, lower your price considerably or plan on listing it for the rest of your life. You can buy Gibsons that have as good of a top if not better for the same price. Even tho Tokais are nice they'll NEVER have the resale of a Gibson. A copy Guitar will NEVER sell for MORE than what their trying to copy, and thats exactly what your trying to do. You must think u have a gold mine. Don't waste ur money in listing fees,lower ur price and sell it."

I guess I'll be forced to hang on to this one forever according to this guy. What a laugh.

I like the way it says
"Join Guitar Community The friendly guitar forum" !!!!! You are wasting your time arguing with people like that .

bobtastik said:
I like the way it says
"Join Guitar Community The friendly guitar forum" !!!!! You are wasting your time arguing with people like that .

Yeah I know.

Joe,

That moron that wrote you obiviously wants your guitar, at a lower price. Some people have NO manners - as I discovered when I posted at Haromny Central. Being a Cuban Cigar smoker I met similiar Welcome Wagon committes when I started posted on Boards - like a gang rape: people immediately attacking your posting handle, your penis size (oops can I say the P-word here), your nationality, your playing ability.... all to get you riled. I like Batwoman get under my skin a little at first and then I started answering the others nicely because they were nice. Just like at the Cigar Forums you eventually get known and people save their bile for the next newcomer with a radial point of view: in my case the LS320 being worth $2600.00 !!

Too bad people have to be so rude - one of the things I really like about this forum is people are nice... There's some moderation here. The only moderation I say at Harmony Central was the REPORT THIS POST button...

Hell with that kid. Like I told those guys last night - just like when you had the LS200 for sale there is probably some guy that's always wanted an LS320 and is hustling to rustle up the funds... Like I did for the LS200.... Yeah maybe you list it twice, but it will move... Be cool

More fun from my new friend on ebay. He writes:

"I know what it is, I have two of them, both of whoich I bought on ebay. One I got for $1049 and the other I got for $1250. Mark my words, your guitar WILL NOT SELL for $2600, which will just back up what I said, that the price is too high. I'll contact you at the last hour just so I can say I told you so.

Patrick"

Like you said Mike he just wants my guitar for an unheard of price. I asked to see pics of his LS-320's

Hi all,

I had a look over at the HC forum LOL. I saw it this morning before i went to work, I was Trying to think of something witty to say, but thought that may add insult to (already) injury. So I came up with a little picture to show instead. I hope they have the intellect to understand.

iccarus.jpg

'AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ICARUS'

:oops:

EDD.

Joe,

It amazes me the conduct people have on places like eBay or forums. My forray into the Harmony Central Forum was a real eye opener. It only makes me appreciate MORE what a great calm place this is.

That boob that wants your guitar for less (it is really all that is going on with him hassling you) isn't worth your time. EVEN IF YOU DID sell to him at a lower price, considering his conduct already he'd be even more of a pain... They should ban guys like him...

Big

Hey EDD, I saw your post on Harmony Central, you were wasting your time... There are some really nice people there - and they showed up in that thread and I replied in kind. You're probably better off talking to people here. You'll get more respect even if you do speak something that may not be the prevailing opinion, at least you won't have guys making fun of your playing ability, the size of your unit or your Momma... LOL

Nice seeing you here too

Big

Harmony Central is good for a laugh, you just can`t take web sites seriously...at least I don`t. For me they`re a place I can use " regular English " as most of the time I have to KISS...keep it simple stupid because 99% of folks I deal with are non native speakers so just to make sure I don`t lose my English..as is happeneing with my French...I have fun on the web.
That site is well known for this type of thread and it`s the only place I know of that allows the kind of language you saw yesterday.
Should be called Disharmony Central.

Buck.

Tell that ******** that 320,000 yen = $2719.

Your guitar is going for less than retail, without all the hassle of ordering, import tax, waiting time etc. etc.

To say that he got no less than TWO 320's for around a grand a piece is unbelievable. He's an idiot of the highest order.

The bantering at HC is hilarious, Big Mike did well defending a friend

Hmmm guitar debate could start world war III!!!!

Anyway LS320 is going for 2900UK dollars; I wrote Roy Fulton for pricing
and he replied with that amount

Check out who Roy Fulton >>>>
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/main.htm

For that guy who wrote to Buck. he just love to steal it from you and if he
really have two LS320, it is probably make in China.

Well regardless of me offering a good deal on the LS-320 I still have no serious offers. I thought this thing would get snatched right up-it is a lot of money and taxes were just do so it's most likely a terrible time to sell a guitar.

People on Harmony Central are mostly idiots. Thats why I love this forum everybody is kind and supportive.

BIGMIKE and Co. thanks for coming to my rescue over there.

We never would have seen even a shadow of such nonsense as I saw there last night. No way will I be making the rounds of that place very often. And anyone who has to stoop to insulting my playing ability, make comments about the length of my johnson or just be plain rude is a child, at least mentally. Doesn't matter to me the kid has some 18,000 plus posts - it just tells me he doesn't have a life, or much time to play. LOL

THANK GOD for this place. And the way people behave themselves here - we have mods here but don't really need them. YEAH !!!!!!!!

BigMike

Latest posts

Back