Post new guitar blues

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlivingstone

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find that their enjoyment of particular guitars waxes and wanes over time.

My new LS150 that I raved about a few weeks ago is a truly excellent guitar but at the moment leaves me a little cold. My deluxe strat plays beautifully - but at first I hated the pups; then quite liked them; and now hate them again - plus for the last 6 months or so I've been playing mostly high gain stuff better suited to humbuckers. My TTE55 I loved but haven't picked up in months while I recently cleaned and fettled my Yamaha MSG in preparation for selling and now love it. My LS65 which I was also preparing to sell is still a very nice guitar with a slimmer neck than the 150 and different enough in appearance to warrant keeping. Explains why I always regret selling any guitar and why GAS keeps bubbling up. Can't help thinking my collection is missing a strat/LP hybrid such as a PRS or Eggle Berlin and the newer deluxe strat with S1 switching also appeals.

Does it ever end? :cry:

:p I know exactly how you feel. I think thats just the way it is. Some evenings I want to play the guitar but I know that if I pick it up I will only get frustrated and not be able to do what I want. If I persist though then some day soon I will pick it up again and it will be like magic :D . Of course the wall allways follows the then the process repeats itself.

I find I play each guitar for about a month then switch to a different one. I keep one downstairs and one in the attic aswell so I have different options. At the moment its the LS200 that is getting all my time, but thats because its only 3 weeks old! 8)

mlivingstone said:
My new LS150 that I raved about a few weeks ago is a truly excellent guitar but at the moment leaves me a little cold.
Sell it! Quick!! ;)

I don't know if you play in a band, but if not, get yourself a nice amp, find some mates and crank it. :) Just yesterday we rehearsed again after three weeks, and my LS60 sounded so great over the Bassman I was grinning the whole evening (and still am...).

I love all my guitars and I'll be very sad when another 2 will go...GAS strikes again and I'd very muck like to get a UK built Burns Bison or legend...or something with P90....or a quirky guitar like a Jazzmaster...

AAArrrr will it ever end???

I guess it's a never ending story.I have the pleasure of trying about 20 guitars in 4 years(only of mine) and I've been educating myself because it's nearly impossible to get any decent guitar ina shop here in my city. Higher speced guitars are priced more for a reason,this is really true on Tokais in my experience.As a result of these I only consider LS145/150 and above and I know each(particular of mine) model, its good point but its "faults". I would love to try new LS175(Special P90s) and LS380 with Rolph pickups models to close the circle.....I finally exchanged LS150 pups for a pair of Burstbuckers 8) ,I'll try them tomorrow with the 18w....I'll see if this tandem are going to help the guitar to became excellent.

hans-j?rgen said:
mlivingstone said:
My new LS150 that I raved about a few weeks ago is a truly excellent guitar but at the moment leaves me a little cold.
Sell it! Quick!! ;)

I don't know if you play in a band, but if not, get yourself a nice amp, find some mates and crank it. :) Just yesterday we rehearsed again after three weeks, and my LS60 sounded so great over the Bassman I was grinning the whole evening (and still am...).

I agree hans.

My 95 Fender Mex Strat and Marshall AVT 50 sound crap on their own.

At band practise it's a different story. The combination sounds hardcore :D

The creative process comes and goes with me. But I have learned to burn it to cd's and keep it all. I wish I had alot of stuff I did 30 years ago to see how you evolve as a guitarist. We never stop going through them changes!

Oh yes, this thread could run forever, I love my LS 75F its probably the best guitar i have ever owned and it makes me smile every time i look at it.

BUT, i sold an 83 jap strat (all black a la david gilmour) to fund the LR. At first i was so elated with the LR that i never noticed the huge cavernous hole in my the collection that is caused by not having a strat. Even though i never played it much, i miss it like hell :(

Now, I'm on the look out for a tokai strat or tele, but cant afford one without doing some dodgy accountantcy with the missis, particularly as i have to fund a new amp before my bands next gig in two weeks time!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

that's why I can't sell other guitars to help finance new ones, it hurst just to imagine the remorse I would get from doing so... but I think this is a fault in my personality, after material things shouldn't be that important, or should they :wink:

anyways good luck on your strat quest jonny73...

I know what you mean Bruno, but in my case my other half thinks I'm nuts with my gun collection, and now that I'm back into playing guitar s, She thinks 3 or 4 is plenty. Allthough she can have 50 pairs of shoes and countless other things that women have, I have to watch my buying of toys. I am also an avid angler with dozens of fishing poles and reels and I love offshore fishing wich makes it even worse. When you burn 200 gallons of gas on one trip it starts to hurt a little. I just can't give up the other hobbys that I love. If I did I would have to collect guitars. Maybe when I'm to old for the other hobbys.

Mark

Back