Will RS Relics switch tip fit Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've interchanged a switchcraft and a tokai switch tip with no problems... others say that the swap doesn't fit. I guess it's one of those suck it and see situations.

Tokais come with an amber switch tip anyway - why the need for the RS?

This is for a 1980 Reborn Old that has a cream switch tip on it....not an amber one.

I guess I should have posted this in the other section.

Just for you Jim, I tried my Historic switchtip on my '84 LS60, and it went on, but the Tokai tip wouldn't go on the Les Paul. I believe Gibson most likely uses a slightly coarser imperial thread, but their tip was able to thread down over Tokai's finer metric threading.

So, yes, I'd say that the RS tip would work on the Reborn - and at any rate, you have to get rid of that white tip (just make sure you save it in a little baggie)! :wink:

Thanks Novosel....That is what I needed to know.

I think I have an RS aged tip floating around here somewhere even.

I won't get the guitar till the end of the week, but you are correct the white tip does need to go (in a baggie to be saved if I ever sell the guitar).

Novosel said:
So, yes, I'd say that the RS tip would work on the Reborn - and at any rate, you have to get rid of that white tip (just make sure you save it in a little baggie)! :wink:

Oi! Some of us switched the amber for cream! :wink:

LS120 Reborn Old arrived...........tip went right on fine.

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL423/523027/8852722/126532091.jpg

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL423/523027/8852722/126532092.jpg

Hmmm.....even when I use the IMG thingy I can't get my pictures to show.

Odd as that works for me on other forums.

I ordered this tip from AllParts for like $4 something including shipping. It's passable.

Heres your pics! The IMG button works fine - just remember to put it at the start, and the end of the URL.

Great looking guit!

126532091.jpg

126532092.jpg

Latest posts

Back