Naming your Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
;) I've decided to buy an Epi Custom SG than the USG350 SG Custom since it was better value at a better price when I found it. Anyway, I've christened my Fender Strat Mike, after Mike McCready from Pearl Jam about a year ago. Now I need a name for my Epi Custom SG. Do any of you name your Tokai's?

GoodNite_AmyLee said:
;) I've decided to buy an Epi Custom SG than the USG350 SG Custom since it was better value at a better price when I found it. Anyway, I've christened my Fender Strat Mike, after Mike McCready from Pearl Jam about a year ago. Now I need a name for my Epi Custom SG. Do any of you name your Tokai's?

ummm... nope.. :roll:

lol, sorry, I know it's slightly pathetic yes, but being a guitar forum, i'd imagine a lot of you are really passionate about your guitars that you'd consider naming them. It's not that weird is it?

in all my 14 years of playing guitar i have never thought about givin any of my axe's a name...

seems pointless to me it already has a name so....

From Dave

Aw c'mon, cut the guy some slack - lots of people name their instruments. I haven't myself, but having a guitar named "Mike" is about the coolest thing ever. :)

Happy New Year!

Jim

Ya huh lol, looks like i'm the only one. Well come on, there's gotta be someone on this site who names their guitars.

Jim Jones is right, tons of people name their guitars, Clapton's Blackie, Stevie Ray's First Wife, Lenny, BB King's Lucille etc...

hans-j?rgen said:
I sometimes call her "*****", but only when she's not listening...

LoL!!! :lol:

yeah now that i think on it i do that all the time when i screw things up!!!!

Bloody hell :eek: , I'd thought you guys were passionate about your guitars??
My god, none of you name your guitars??

I have Wolfie, a FrankenTele with an anonymous alder body, a Warmoth Goncales Tele neck and Peavey Wolfgang pickups.

And Mar, a FrankenStrat (Fender Japan JV black body, a big fat CBS Strat-copy neck, a roller Schaller trem and Van Zandt Blues pickups with switch mods by Dan Torres) with various critters painted on the body by folk artist Mar Heifner.

I only name guitars if they reek with character and tone, which they both do.

But I never call them the B-word. :wink:

Happy New Year!

tokaigeezer said:
I only name guitars if they reek with character and tone, which they both do.
But I never call them the B-word. :wink:
Happy New Year!
http://www.heartless-bitches.com/

:wink:

Happy New Year to you, too!

On the other hand, I never call our housecat her name (Princess Warrior, which, believe me, I had nothing to do with) because she's well .. just a cat. Works for me! :D

GoodNite_AmyLee said:

I name my guitars if I really come to love them - I am hoping I will name my newly-acquired Tokai LS-70 GT (can't wait for it to arrive)!

- Chris

Latest posts

Back