Need opinions and help.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEMESIS

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member to this forum and I need some help from some of you who know more about the Tokai's then I do.
I am no stranger to Tokai guitars (mostly the Love Rocks), I believe the one Love Rock I owned was a 1985 MIJ or so, and last year I had a MIK Love Rock.
Question is, I have seen the Tokai (Zakk Wylde Bullseye) model and a "custom" Love Rock on ebay. I know these guitars are Korean and do you think they are worth spending money on. I curently don't have a guitar and I have a love for the Tokai's so I guess either way I'd like the korean version.
Can someone also tell me the reason why Tokai korean models have changed the tip of the headstock style, my korean Love Rock that I had last year had a regular Les Paul style "bell" shape headstock.

Also, is there any actual Tokai japan website, and if so...... how the heck do I get to it. Maybe I could order a custom Love Rock from there. :roll:

Thanx for your time, Craig.

The official Tokai Website is :

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/

But it could be a lot better :-?

The headstock design has changed to ensure that Gibson don't batter them :wink:

Which country are you from Nemesis ?

You can order a new MIJ Tokai through ishibashi in Japan :D

www.ishibashi-music.com

Email them to find out what stock they have.

Could be wrong but I believe the Bullseye and "Custom" models are available only from Canadian dealers. Check with JSD's as I know he usually carries the Bullesye model.

Just wanted to say thanx for that info.
I am from Alberta, Canada. I'm just a lil' bit uneasy about the what the price of a new MIJ Tok is gonna be. Lol!
Still..... are the Korean models worth buying? The one I had I didn't mind, but those pups had to go.

Anyway take care guys and thanx again.

Craig.

p.s. Love the forum here, great job peeps and keep it up. :wink:

The Korean made ones are a very good quality guitar, its right here in your own country, you've already owned one and liked it so I guess you can say yes, its worth buying.

MIJ is something you'll have to order from overseas as we don't get them in Canada anymore, besides Japan is the only place you can get an unaltered Love Rock. Since your in Canada you know there will be some duties/taxes/customs/brokerage fees to pay upon delivery.

So depending on what you want to spend on a guitar, its worth is up to you.

Back