Which LS model is the most similar to Jimy page's LP?pics in

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesuswasapunk

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to buying a LS model ( LS70/75/80f)
I would like to have almost the same colour as Page's Lespaul.
So which color do you think is the best, and wich maple top ( flammed or plain top)

thank you

How about an LS80 vf (violin finish)

http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~universe/0507/ls80_9163/new_ls80vf.html

ive seen this model but i'm worried about the flammed maple top. Because I saw a model:
t26ni.jpg

and this flammed top is not so nice ( the veins of the wood are very thin)

but this model:

ls80_9163_03.jpg

is different.

IS the year of production?
If i buy this model which one would it be?

thank you[/img]

Hey, check out this Edwards JP Model on TGB. I don't know the seller, but I've played one of these (here in the states) and they are nice. Lightweight, relic'd, and the Jimmy Page pickup wiring (series, parallel, split-coil, etc.). The only drawback is that these are veneer tops, not solid maple like the Gibby. However, for the money he's asking ($1K) it's hard to go wrong.

-KD

Hey, check out this Edwards JP Model on TGB. I don't know the seller, but I've played one of these (here in the states) and they are nice. Lightweight, relic'd, and the Jimmy Page pickup wiring (series, parallel, split-coil, etc.). The only drawback is that these are veneer tops, not solid maple like the Gibby. However, for the money he's asking ($1K) it's hard to go wrong.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=117547

-KD

jesuswasapunk said:
is different.

IS the year of production?
If i buy this model which one would it be?

thank you[/img]

It's a natural variation in the wood. You don't get identical grain on every bit of wood, and in the same way you don't get identical flame. Take two guitars made on the same day and they'd both look different - it's a bit like human fingerprints.

The only way to get exactly what you want would be to see it first.

But you definately want an LS80F in violin finish.

That Edwards Jimmy Page model on TGP seems to have weight relief holes and/or a "chambered body" according to the seller. I don't know if that's true, but Jimmy Page's #1 surely doesn't have this feature... ;)

If you do a search for "Jimmy Page" on this forum, there should be some threads with further links to pictures etc. When buying a Tokai Love Rock, you should know it usually doesn't come with the thin neck profile that is associated with his guitar.

Concerning the different grades of maple tops (or sycamore like in the first picture), the number of A's refer to the amount of flames per inch, as far as I know, so a top with more small parallel flames gets more A's than one with broader flames like the one in the second picture. This classification is normally used for violin and/or stringed instruments tonewood and refers to the term "fiddleback", because expensive violins have this wood on their back and sides, not on the top which is made of high-grade spruce.

Back