LS 120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUNAFREAK

Reaction score
I ordered my LS 120 today from Ishibashi in Japan and I hope it's as nice as my awesome ES 120 in natural flame maple. I sold my epi elite 57 gold top to my brother after seeing how incedible these Tokai guitars really are. I think it would cost three or four thousand dollars for it's gibson counterpart to be as nice. The gibson standard line of guitars is a rip off. Maybe next year I'll go for the LS 320. :D

Congrats, did they send you some pictures of the guitar they have in stock, or did you just choose from the catalog pictures they have on their web site?

They are out of stock on the LS 120, LS 200, Ls 320. So I took a chance and will count on Tokai for a good one . I will get my axe sometime in October.

I Know how to email pics but I'm not sure how to post them. By the way, the only guitars that have a one piece back are the LS 200 and LS320. IT's clear to me that this guitar has a two peice back and 2 peice maple top with a thin flame over lay. But the rest of the specs sound interesting.
I'm sure that I'll be happy with it. I don't care for the case they sell though. I'll buy a skb case for $130.00 that will fit like a glove. Next year I will get the LS 200 or the LS 320.

LS150 does have a 1 piece body back.It is a new model(Tokai has reissued old 150 model).I would choose this over a 120 no doubt.You don't have to change anything on it(only Gotoh pickups and bridge one only....)
Highly recomended!

Right, several Japanese dealers and ebay shops have new LS150s, so if all claims are true (solid flamed maple top, one piece mahogany body, long neck tenon, nitro finish, lightweight tailpiece etc.), then it's the "best bang for the buck" Love Rock at the moment (looking at the new ones, that is). It's a bit strange that Ishibashi does not list it though...

These statements are truth Hans..... this is Tokai best seller to me.Very smart move reissuing these....I feel this LS150 very glad.

http://es.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/narcisoyepes2002/album?.dir=/a2cd&urlhint=actn,del%3as,1%3af,0

The LS 150 sounds just like the Ls 200 to me, I'm not seeing it on the Ishibashi site. I asked them a few months ago about that model and they said that it was no longer in production. So, I just shot them another e-mail to see what they have to say. My order for the Ls 120 goes in monday, I would change it to a 150 if it were available. I looked at some other sites but it was'nt clear if they were new ishues, and they were as much as the LS 200. I would buy the Ls 200 but it says nothing about a long tenon or brass saddle or a aluminum tail peice. You can buy the tail peice from stumac for $28.00. I just ordered one for my Es 120 wich I love more than life it self. One other thing, one of the web sites in Japan that has a Ls 150 for sale I think, says that Tokai only makes 3-4 ES 120 every month. That seems very unlikely for a company the size Tokai.

Yes, the new LS150 seems to be very fresh, there was an ebay auction lately calling it a prototype, but I visited several Japanese dealer sites in the last few days, and there were more than one listing it (and having already sold it). So it's possible that Ishibashi doesn't have them yet. I would be interested in exact specs and differences to the existing LS120F to decide if it's really another guitar or just a LS120F with a higher list price. It's time that Tokai releases a new catalog... ;)

Here's a link to an available 2005 LS150 (asking the list price!):
http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detail.cgi?pid=13440132

About the ES 120 built only 3 or 4 times in a month: it's not that unusual, because it takes much more time to build an archtop instead of a solid body guitar.

Latest posts

Back