Korian Love Rocks

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stringnut

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking about purchasing one of these two guitars. Korian Tokai Love rock or the Agile AL-3000M (Les Paul copy). Agile has a one piece mahogony neck and ebony finger board, and the body is made of two piece mahogany. Love rock has maple neck but looks more like a real Les Paul. From the structual point of view,the Agile is closer to the real thing. The price is about the same. What do you guys think I should do? Appreciate your feedback!

You might also consider other features related to the wood, e.g. the weight which I heard is quite high on the Agiles. And of course the look is also important. I never played a Korean Love Rock, neither with alder nor mahogany back, but if I had only $500 and wanted a new Les Paul, I would probably try to test it somewhere.

I have both - here is my 2 cents. Firstly my AL3000M has P90's, while my Love Rock has humbuckers (hence me buying the Agile), so tone-wise they are very different animals indeed. Taking that out of the equation the Love Rock is multipiece as you say, but an accurate clone of the Les Paul in every detail. Quality-wise it is as good as any non custom shop LP that I have seen. Pups are strong, it is a great guitar. The Agile is an amazing quality guitar, one piece neck, one piece body, it is less Les Paul like than the Tokai, but is almost custom shop quality - stunning really, how it costs les than $400 shipped is beyond me. The P90's are strong. Basically I can recommend them both.

Latest posts

Back