Questions about: MIK LP Jr (TV Yellow) & Firebird

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonc

Reaction score
i saw the following at a local shop:

2005 LP Jr. (TV Yellow, MIK)

Firebird (no country of origin or serial #)

can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between the MIJ and MIK LP Jr.s, and if the Korean ones are well made? also, can anyone shed any light on a Tokai Firebird (with Firebird insignia on pickguard like the Gibson one), that does not have any serial # or country of origin?

i have played both and they're pretty nice guitars, but before i lay down any $, i'd like to get some feedback.

thanks very much.

jon

The Korean made models are a nice, well guitar as you may have noticed yourself since you were able to actually try them out.

The MIK jr. has a maple neck where as the MIJ jr. has a one piece mahogany neck. I'm sure there will also be differences in the electronics and hardware.

thanks for the info. the korean-made jr. is actually quite nice, although the pickups on the firebird could be better.

I'll go for a TJ-60 instead.More solid guitar but more expensive.I was talking yestarday with a very close friend and old pro guitarist who asked me about a LP. Jr. for sale here in Spain.He is playing live at clubs as a duo and thought about a Jr. for his slide work.I feel that a very good idea.Maybe he will be playing Tokai very soon.

Back