How to contact the tokai factory?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jar

Reaction score
Hello, I've been trying to find a way to contact the Tokai factory in Hamamatsu. I know that they accept custom guitar requests and I've got quite a few requests for them. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to contact them.

Also, I'm in the west side of the US and I can't find any tokai dealers in my area. I was wondering if anyone knew where I'd be able to purchase some tokai guitars either in the US or straight form Japan. I'm not down with purchasing through the UK though. I'm specifically looking for the LR40 model and the new SG paisley model ( i forgot the model number). If anyone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :oops:

I think your best bet is through a dealer. Most people here have had a hard time getting a reply to e-mails from the Tokai factory, though Luis (also a forum member) has been able to contact them in the past to order his LS-320s. He's also had a tour of the factory, so maybe it's best to wait for him to chime in :)

The LR40's are no longer made.

There are no US dealers at this time. Your best bet is to contact a Canadian dealer or a dealer in Japan.

JSD - can you get custom MIJ Tokai's?

Ned

No, I'm afraid not. I can only get what my supplier brings in and its mostly Korean made stuff.

I just ordered a ES120 from ishibashi in japan .I have bought from them on a regular basis. Email Noriko at the web shop and she will get you one for around $1150 out the door to the us. You will be happy!

A second vote for Noriko , her english is not so good , but she never lets me down. and MUCH cheaper than going thru the UK.

Before I arrived in Japan, one of my Japanese colleagues contacted the factory. They weren't very helpful apparently. They would not give him any info on dealers in Japan, and also said that a tour of the factory was not possible. His comment was, "I don't think that they are a very good company." I said, well they do make great guitars, but maybe they could use better customer service!

Anyway, next time I will have him tell them I am a big American rock star thinking of giving an endorsement! :wink: :evil:

Thats what I was going to tell them that I use to be a big rockstar on his way back to a comeback. the closest place to get the NON KOREAN Tokais is Canada or maybe Hawaii thats where I found the Paisley SG.

Another vote for Noriko at Ishibashi. You won't get a better price or service. I've dealt with both Noriko & Koichi there before and each time I've been amazed by the level of service, which is seldom matched in the West.

I just ordered two LS-200s from Noriko (neither for me, both for good friends, unfortunately, though I have one of them here now...) and she e-mailed me each day (some days several times) with blow-by-blow updates & relating her dealings with the Tokai factory at Hammamatsu, taking photos (in & outdoors, and over the weekend!) so we could see the colour of the Cherry Sunbburst one before committing. First class service all the way.

I spoke to her on the phone too, which was very pleasant but a little confusing, so I'd stick to e-mails in future.

The guitars (stunning, by the way!) arrived in about 3 weeks from the initial order.
One of my friends is now considering a LS-320 (in which case i'd be happy to take his LS-200 off him!). :D

By the way, the total cost including case & shipping to HK was 171,000 Japanese Yen for each guitar (US$1,550).

( - If we'd only bought one guitar the price would have been ?172k inc. shipping).

Highest possible reccomendation.

Latest posts

Back