tokia zak bulleye guitar only 24 made???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogar

Reaction score
I just got a tokia zak bulleye guitar one sick guitar for 600 bucks any way I was looking at the ad for the zak model for the guitar and it said that only 24 zak models were made is this ******** or true?? I got the guitar off ebay on the guitarsale site canada . the serial number is 0402052 Made in korea. nice guitar pick ups are ok need up grade to emg picks

togps said:
Sorry, but it?s absolutely ********.? All guitars from this guy are fakes! Be aware!

Pit

Fakes? What the heck are you talking about? These guitars are not fakes they are Korean made Love Rocks. I'm not sure about you but I have a Korean Zakk Love Rock from the seeler your mentioning and it's built unbelieveably well. I also have some Japanese love rocks so I have a good basis to judge. Not sure about the limited run thing though cause I've seen many on ebay and the guitar doesn't seem to be a limited run, rather it seems to be massed produced.

Typical flee-bayer "creative" selling methods. "last one", "limited edition", "rare", "get it now before they're all gone"...etc...etc... In this case its half true, they made more than 24 of these ones but this model is a limited run. As long as they keep selling they will continue to be made.... :wink:

Musicians may not be so naive!!

Is each car, which has a star on the hood, already only therefore a Mercedes Benz?

I have there so my doubts.

Pit

@ buckwild

Hey man, relax...

You only can benefit from the experience of the forum .....

I do not wanna destroy your "Korea Tokai" dreams....

Pit

SO what is the deal?

The dealer in my city has a Zakk Tokai in stock that I wouldn't mind getting ahold of.

Are you saying that the Bullseye Tokais are bogus??

enlighten me please. The asking price is around $800 for it, and I wouldnt mind some advice.

Thanks!

OV

Maybe there were some limited Zakk Wylde models made in Japan which could explain the higher price compared to the Korean version on ebay.com for $599.00. You can easily tell them from a standard Korean version by checking the bridge (must be an ABR-1, not Nashville style with additional bushings) and the serial number which is stamped into the back of the headstock and not on a transparent decal with additional text on it saying "built under Tokai license" or something similar to that.

The Canadian ebay seller "guitar sales" seems to get his Korean models from the same supplier as JSD who also offers a Zack Wylde model, as far as I remember. He has joined some trust building program on ebay lately, but I have no idea if his Tokais are kosher or not. Perhaps you should mail him if you have any doubts about his claims.

The only difference between the Canadian sellers is their approach to marketing. One has chosen ebay and the direct route , and the other has chosen to join every forum that will have them and is working on the "i'm your friend" route. Both are selling guitars that are illegal in the USA . and the USA seems to be their primary market.

Harsh..... I guess I'm not your friend anymore.... :wink: :p

whitehall said:
Both are selling guitars that are illegal in the USA . and the USA seems to be their primary market.

Illegal to *sell* in the USA, not to buy or own. 8) There's clearly a market for these guitars and the canadian sellers aren't breaking any laws, so why the bitterness?

I don't get all this 'bogus' nonsense either. Tokai are hardly trying to pass off their MIK budget lines as premier league MIJ stuff. The bullseye guitar is perfectly legit.

Actually I'm hearing some interesting things about those Canadian Tokais, and I don't mean in a good way. It involves a Mr. Shohei Adachi. As to the guitars, to me it's no different than buying a fake Rolex off the street.

whitehall said:
Actually I'm hearing some interesting things about those Canadian Tokais, and I don't mean in a good way. It involves a Mr. Shohei Adachi. As to the guitars, to me it's no different than buying a fake Rolex off the street.

Who's Mr. Shohei Adachi?

I'd agree with your rolex point if tokai were selling guitars with "gibson" on the headstock. But they're not. And if anyone thinks about mentioning the "real thing" in subsequent posts, I advise them to look at the acoustic guitar market and wonder what would happen if Martin had gotten all protective over the dreadnought.

whitehall said:
Everyone is entitled to their oppinion, and I feel I have to express mine, the MIK are definately good guitars for the money, there is nothing wrong with them. In comparison to the MIJ they are only (IMO) very slighlty less inferior, but everyone has a budget and if you want a good early gibson then feel free to spend that money.

I can only speak from experience but JSD has sold me an MIK which is far superior compared to Epiphones of the same price.

surely the argument should be that owning a Tokai is like owning a fake rolex.. but obviously, every fake rolex should be meritted on its individual build quality..

Latest posts

Back