PRS Tokai advice needed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ojgibbins

Reaction score
I am going to get one soon but all dealers so far never say the model etc.

Which are the ones to look out for? Best wood fit etc without going too crazy on the price.

Are they all the same or are there certain models numbers that are better than others?

And how much are love rock 2's?

thanks guys

Owen

Your best bet is to contact Mike's Music or JSD's. They have gone out of their way to make sure they only stock the best MIK stuff (theres a thread in here that alludes to subpar craftsmanship on certain models).

I haven't actually seen a Love Rock 2 yet other than at NAMM.

Ned

Some of us other site supporters might know a thing or two about them also.... :-?

They are all the same model. NLP-40. They are well made just like the MIK LR.

JSD said:
Some of us other site supporters might know a thing or two about them also.... :-?

They are all the same model. NLP-40. They are well made just like the MIK LR.

Thanks JSD

If you have any second hand banged up PRS Tokais or love orcks that play perfectly (i dont mind dings and scratches but not warped craked necks etc) then please email me [email protected]

I have a $400 budget

Kind regards

Owen

JSD,

What are the necks like on these guitars? I noticed on your site that custom colors are available, would this include Gold Top?

Ned

No, theres no gold top available in the PRS style at this time. Right now selection from our supplier is limited on this model so theres not alot of finishes to choose from, maybe soon. Amber flame, tiger's eye, trans red ash top is all I have, others that should still be available are tortoise shell, black cherry in flame or quilt, maybe a natural flame.

The necks have a nice feel to them, not fat but I wouldn't call them slim either, doesn't feel quite as thick as the LR.

Back