Please comment: Model NALS-45

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saratogan

Reaction score
Great looking guitar on JSD's Guitar Shack (http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/Tokai_Love_Rock_BB.html). I couldn't find any info on the web, Tokai catalogs, or in the Tokai registry. Anyone care to comment on this model? Looks like it's ebony finish and has two zebra humbuckers. Thanks.[/url]

Well seeing as I'm the one selling it I'll comment for ya...;) This model along with any other current Korean made model, you will not find in any past or current catalog. The Canadian distributor pretty much custom tailors all his orders and doens't follow any catalog specs. All specs listed on my site are true and accurate. You wil never see a New Korean made Love Rock made with cheaper woods as listed in the old catalogs, at least not in Canada. They are all made with real mahogany bodies with real maple tops, if its a flame top it will have a real wood maple veneer on top of the maple cap. All have set necks made of real rock hard Canadian maple.

I think anyone that has bought a recently made Korean made Love Rock would agree that they are a well made guitar, have a real solid feel and are very high quality for the price range.

I kinda dig that matt black finish. Also noticed the serial number didn't have a letter and the first 2 digits must be the year.

Ned

JSD - Just curious, seen it stated as "high quality for the money". Just wondering, is it unreasonable to just say "high qual, period"?

I mean basically, how in your opinion do these axes fare against more expensive instruments whether 80's LRs or Gibby Historics, etc? I guess, what would make them "less" quality in the sense that you'd want to add the disclaimer "for the money".

(You know I just bought one off ya, so I'm ok with the value proposition in theory so far. Really just curious, since I can't see anything other than electronics that tells me how this thing's substantially different from way more expensive guitars.)

High quality period, no arguement there. Basically when I stated that its a high quality product "for the money" I'm saying I've seen many guitars in the same price range that pale in comparison to a Korean made Tokai. I've also seen many a guitar at twice the price or more that should just be ashamed.

Latest posts

Back